Comments You Will Not Hear at the 5-4-03 WT Study

by blondie 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rocketman
    rocketman

Great post as usual Blondie. Perhaps indeed the rank and file are being softened up for more changes ahead.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Blondie,

Your posts are amazing as usual!

You said:

Sidepoint: Note that baptism was not a requirement to receive holy spirit

Exactly.

I went through the Watchtower Publications, and throughout the years, there have been two contradictory teachings in the Publications -- One of the teachings says that it is your Dedication to Jehovah in prayer that puts you in an "Approved Relationship" with Jehovah, and the other teaching says that even if you are Dedicated, and even if you have faith in Jehovah and Jesus, and even if you believe in the Society, and even if you love God and Jesus -- YOU STILL MUST BE BAPTIZED or Jehovah will DESTROY you at Armageddon!

• blondie
    blondie

Pistoff, it was worth the wait for your comments. I noted too that song and dance Paul did regarding following the law. Also Titus was required to get circumcised but Timothy was not. Yow, what is the reasoning behind that.

Rocketman, yes, I think the rank and file and being prepared to accept even more amazing "adjustments."

Undisfellowshipped, I had a question about that since I was 9 and have never gotten an straight answer from any JW.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit