Are JWs breaking the law?

by Indoubtbigtime 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

Everytime a publisher moves congregations they have a confidential letter of introduction sent from one body of elders to the other

this letter contains some very very sensitive information like if they had sexual problems or mental health problems or if they self harmed etc

most people don’t know but they can request or insist on seeing this information through a freedom of information request

Now I know a few years ago they tried to get every publisher to sign away all rights of privacy but many did not sign this

if they didn’t sign it then the congregation is breaking GDPR laws by sending this information

m if it turns out that some of the highly sensitive information can be proved to be defamatory or damaging to character then the congregation can be sued

• hoser
    hoser

They are only breaking worldly laws so they don’t count. Gods law as recorded in the bible overrules any man made governmental law.

Havent you read 1 Peter 4:20 where in detail the apostle commands the congregation to keep detailed records of illegal drug use and drunken bouts. It also states that publisher hours should be kept indefinitely as it is an indicator of a persons spiritual health.

Psalms 69:69 also talks about keeping records of sexual sins, even from decades prior. This scripture also indicates that elders should share this information with their busybody wives as it can be used as leverage in the field service car groups.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

@hoser

Loved the "scriptures" you included. I see what you did there.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Depends on jurisdiction, the GDPR only applies in the EU and even there it is very poorly defined and enforced.

You do sign away those rights when you join, people that haven’t signed would probably be considered “bad association” and don’t get privileges. I’m pretty sure only PIMOs would refuse.

• jhine
    jhine

I Googled the Church of England response to the GDPR rules . Here is an extract from what l found.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

A lot of publishers don't know this but there can be some pretty 'juicy' details about them in those so-called letters of introduction when they move congregations. The never know.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I kept moving around without telling ‘em, so I myself haven’t a goddamn clue where my records are. 😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit