Why I'm not agnostic

by Coded Logic 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

Cofty I respect that you have done all the research into independent studies, but I think they demonstrate the process was guided.

I understand why you draw the opposite conclusion to me, but I disagree.

Good for you for talking chirality with me though. I am impressed with your consideration of the facts and your understanding of chemistry.

I love you cofty

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Codedlogic,

You're nearly there. But not quite.

Enantionmers form a racemic mixture in the lab, but form a homochiral solution in nature.

In the lab scientists have to catalyse the experiment to form the homochiral solution. They guide the process.

Hence I conclude it's more probable that the process in nature had to be guided too

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty
    They guide the process

No they don't

• Landy
    Landy
    Why are you convinced the formation of amino acids was an unguided process?

I'm not. I'm comfortable being not quite sure how it happened. That doesn't mean I'll immediately give credit to a deity for the things scientific advancement isn't yet sure of.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Cofty scientists most definitely do guide the process.....I pasted a quote from the paper a few posts ago.

To form a homochiral solution in the lab catalysts are required and extreme pressure and temperatures that are different to earth's natural temperatures and pressures are required.

I disagree, there is no way you are going to convince me that the scientists conducting all these experiments do not guide the process of homochirality. A racemic mixture is what results from no guidance by scientists.

Kate xx

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

KateWild,

But doesn't the paper Crofty cited show that using simple organic materials an amino acid itself can amplify the concentration of one particular chiral form of reaction product? Wouldn't that imply the process doesn't have to be guided?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Landy,

Thanks for being honest. But scientific advancement is sure of the process. We are just free to conclude our own ideas from this advancement, about what is more probable.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Codedlogic,

My post to cofty 5 mins ago answers you exact questions.

It's about needing to use catalysts that makes it guided.

Kate xx

• Landy
    Landy
    But scientific advancement is sure of the process.

Apparently not as you still think it needs to guided. ;)

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Today, chemists regularly make catalysts that will steer a reaction towards products in one particular left or right form. Known as asymmetric reactions

Cofty, codedlogic. This passage comes from the article and is totally supporting my point.

To steer a reaction is exactly the same as to guide. Don't even try to convince me otherwise.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit