Certain Parts of New York City suffering from a blackout

by ShirleyW 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm in Queens, but Manhattan midtown and upper west side have no power right now, local news stations have tweeted such on their social media. I just hope it stays in Manhattan. Too hot for a menopausal woman to go through tonight without a fan or air conditioner (like they're aren't any women in Manhattan going through the same thing)!!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Ouch Shirly! Certianly miserable to be in the opressive heat when you are having heat flashes! I think I'd keep jumping into a cold shower/tub.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So far it's still in the borough of Manhattan (or as we folks from the outer boroughs and tourists call it, the city)

I live in Queens, hope it stays in Manhattan and doesn't spread

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

Get used to it if the liberal idiots get the green new screw job.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Get used to it if the liberal idiots get the green new screw job.

Have no idea what you're referring to, but . . . . ok !!!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Yikes I'm further south but it was a hot day today. No fun without AC

• LV101
    LV101
    Awesome -- Lights back on in the beautiful city of Manhattan -- woohoo.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Not totally LV, I'm watching local news from on out NBC station and they had to go to Fort Lee, New Jersey to bdcast from the Telemundo, Spanish channel newsroom, NBC is in midtown, 49th and Sixth, heart of midtown so they're not totally up yet

• LV101
    LV101

Yes -- I realize not all the lights were on -- once they showed a bigger scene/layout of the land (I'd already hit the 'Post Reply' button/sorry) they said not all the lights were on. I left the TV but sure hope everyone has power real soon and no one is stuck in elevators, escalators, etc.

Last I heard walking away they don't know what caused it -- I hope they figure out.

• blondie
    blondie

If you have a fan and access to a big/medium block of ice, have the fan blow over the ice toward you. Or take a ice pack and put your bare feet or thin socks on it. Some how it cools the rest of your body too.

We lived a desert area with no AC or a swamp cooler. We stayed inside and drew all the curtains and used fans which we had one for each room, small or large. Drank lots of water and did not do our exercise routine then. The KHs did not have AC then, they had windows that opened, When AC came into general use, the windows were nailed shut and new KHs were mostly built without windows.

For thousands of years, humans somehow managed with AC. How did they do it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit