The Jehovah's Witness Sister (Lottery Winner) who turned to stripping after blowing the cash

by TerryWalstrom 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember reading her obit.

I'm just waiting for the day when a JW wins the lottery, I'm sure a large number of them do, and they just happen to win, then you see them on TV holding that giant check !!

I'm sure it depends on their status in the KH on how they will be treated. An elder and/or his wife will probably get by with just a warning from the elders. But the regular Dub struggling to get their hours in will probably be dealt with a lot stronger than that. Unless they're stupid enough to agree to donate a huge portion of it to the old guys in Brooklyn (or Warwick, wherever the Hell they are now)

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

This brings to mind for some reason none other than Elvis.
    His Graceland mansion is a tribute to zero cultural grounding.
    An estimate by Daily Mail puts Elvis' earnings during his lifetime at around $100 million, which would be around $400 million today. When he died at the age of 42, he had about $5 million in the bank (about $20.5 million today), according to Forbes.
    All that money and a mansion filled with (IMHO) junk.

I just read a news article today about 80-year-old painter David Hockney.
    David Hockney paintings sold at auction

Swimming pool = $11,410,454.20

Coast Highway = $27,862,737.00

I ask myself WHO has the money to collect art at this level of investment?
    Somehow these two things come together in my thoughts.
    All the things Vivian purchased apparently held no intrinsic value.
    Had she owned "the right" Art--she'd have made out just great.

My former wife's Aunt inherited a quarter of a million dollars and went through it in 6 month's time. Did she invest? Well--if you call buying up every Beanie Baby she could get her hands on an investment...um...yeah.

Not that long ago, I sat in a Starbucks not 4 feet away from the richest man in the Milky Way, Jeff Bezos. I watched him and listened to his casual conversation.
    There was no obvious glint of divinity there :) But, he's a man with a plan--and it's working out all too well.

Money is an odd topic when it is a windfall.
    It's really about what you are made of inside--it is like alcohol--an amplifier of what's deep within the heart of you.

I see Vivian as a person who was probably always doing the best she could do.
    One foot in chaos and the other on a banana peel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit