The people are mobilizing Mr Drumpf

by Simon 127 Replies latest social current

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Racism starts with people of a race doing bad things and others don't like it. Racism against blacks is because blacks have made the news more for crimes and violence and wearing their pants on the ground, etc.

- Rattigan350

This type of ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

So, now, to me, you're two for two in demonstrating an inability to keep from being drawn to insular belief systems.

in·su·lar
    1. 1.
      ignorant of or uninterested in cultures, ideas, or peoples outside one's own experience.
      "a stubbornly insular farming people"
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

The republican party has no one to blame but themselves for what is happening with Trump. They loved the fact that people hated a black man in the white house, they used it, they encouraged it. They refused to work with Obama, creating gridlock in Washinton, they attacked him, not the issues. They thought they would ride a groundswell of hatred of Obama and everything he stood for right into the white house.

But they didn't count on an openly bigoted candidate like Trump tapping into that to get the nomination. There are simply not enough white guys to get Trump elected and they know that. Trump is playing to the lowest common denominator and it works within the party, but it won't work in a general election. He is a dog turd that they will attempt to polish up and pass off as a viable candidate, but it's a long time between now and Novemer, plenty of time to see Trumps weaknesses, his lack of knowledge of the issues, his petty vanity. Every time he opens his mouth he offends another segment of the electorate. The Trump faithful don't care, they love him and will support him no matter what he does, but I doubt there are enough of them to get him elected.

I very much look forward to the first debate between Trump and Hilary or Bernie, it should be good.

• minimus
    minimus

Lisarose, you are saying the republicans pick on Obama because of his color. They pick up on him because they disagree with him.nyou are fanning racial flames and I'm calling you out on it.

• done4good
    done4good

Lisarose, you are saying the republicans pick on Obama because of his color. They pick up on him because they disagree with him.nyou are fanning racial flames and I'm calling you out on it.

Cognitive dissonance much, Minimus? The GOP has been blowing that dog whistle a long time. The Donald has just lowered the pitch enough so all can hear it. You can too, but won't admit it.

d4g

• blondie
  • Simon
    Simon

The whole "birther" nonsense was not shut down by the GoP and they have gone along with all this crap and allowed it to fester. They created the perfect environment and prepared the people for someone like Trump to come along and fan the embers into outright flames.

Now you can pretend to yourself that race has nothing to do with it but I think most people think that it has.

• blondie
    blondie
    I was wondering, are Canadian and British politics as entertaining as those in the US. If so, can you can direct me to some sites?
  • NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

The people that are mobilizing against Trump are a well orchestrated group.

minimus

Uh... no they weren't. They were a mixed bag of people who have become annoyed by Trump's bigotry. They were Latinos, African-Americans, Muslims, and women. This was no "well orchestrated" group. Their common bond was their sentiment for the spirit of Trump's campaign.

The Occupiers do this to make their statement.
    That's called a protest. Yes, you have a right to express opinions and others have a right to disagree.
    The "people" are not just the liberals of the world. There are many people that are simply fed up with the policies of the last 8 years.

Trump gamed you. I heard that spin yesterday.

Ask yourself a few questions:

Have people shown up with this level of rage at other rallies for any other candidate... Republican or Democrat?

Is that what they were screaming about? I don't remember one protester's sign saying anything about the policies of the last 8 years, jobs being transferred overseas to China and Mexico, or pay raises. Did you? My gosh Sweetheart, many of those in attendance appeared to be college-aged students. They didn't give a rats a$$ about China, Mexico, or a failure to have had a pay raise since the age of 9. It appeared that a decent percentage of the audience was under 26 years of age. I wonder how they feel about their health benefits?

In the last 7 years, Obama has signed less than 70 bills into law. Do you have any idea what's normal? Do you know how many bills are sitting on Harry Reid's desk? Do you know how many bills have been filibustered? Are you familiar with the American Jobs Act or the Infrastructure Bill that Republicans blocked?...

What about the Act that would have ended Offshoring and would have changed tax breaks for companies that pick up and take their business to other countries to keep jobs here?... or the Bring Jobs Home Act? ..or the Student Loan Reform Act? Are there any females you know and love (other than myself) who are being paid unfairly?... if so, what about the Equal Pay for Women Act?

Trump is using rhetoric to game you. The Republicans have stomped Obama's efforts to get things done even in the face of the goal being economically advantageous for the economy and America.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    I was wondering, are Canadian and British politics as entertaining as those in the US. If so, can you can direct me to some sites?

Nothing is more entertaining than the saga of Toronto mayor Rob Ford. We have our messes in the US, but Canada can definitely keep that train wreck of a politician.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "...no, they all waved their flags and thought 'popular' = 'success'..."

Jeezus... sounds like high school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit