An elder has just been employed at place of employment and I’m after a lonk

by joe134cd 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Hello to all you good people. An elder who I knew in my JW days has just been employed at my place of work. Now I want to be prepared for him when he encourages me to return to Jehovah. The problem is I can’t remember the link. It shows an international convention in Chile with the jw acting similar to a Pentecostal revival meeting. It then shows a Pentecostal revival meeting and asks the question what is the difference. The thing that I want to impress on him is “how can I return to something that is no longer there.” Can anybody help me with the link please. Much appreciated thanks

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Best to say I can not discuss religion on work time, and when I do you have to listen to my apostate questions. If that works we can go get a beer at a bar and have a debate.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I would agree on the post. He will try his darndest to get you to "Return to,Gee-hovah " even during working hours. I have seen it and dealt with it first hand. If he starts with his stuff during work hours you can go to your Supervisor or HR Dept and start a record. Tell him you do not want to discuss your beliefs with him, period. End of story. If he persists, file a complaint.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's psychological warfare.

Don't 'tell' him anything. Ask him a single question that you know he doesn't have a good answer for and don't provide the answer for him. Make him go away and research the question himself and obligate him to report his answer back to you. Make it a question that he can easily research using WT resources he has available in the KH library, WTLIB, or whatever it is they have available nowadays.

Don't let him morph the question into another subject that he would rather discuss. Give him a guilt trip for trying to fool you by avoiding answering your question and make him pay for his dishonesty by insisting that he answers the question that you actually asked.

They dance around awkward questions like politicians. Watch out for their tricks and don't let them get away with anything.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Try this -

Him: Why don't you return to Jehovah?

Me: I can not return to someone I never left and who never left me.

You could go on to say -

Me: I think what you mean to ask is "When will you return to the Watchtower?" This is very difficult. The Watchtower is constantly changing its doctrines. Samuel Herd just stated that the doctrine on whether or not all the Annointed will be in heaven before Armageddon has changed again. First, it was yes. Then in 2013 it changed to "no". Now it is back to yes. Returning to the Watchtower is like shooting the bullseye on a target at 100 yards while blindfolded. Jehovah never changes. His truth is eternal.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Don’t bother trying to enlighten him. If in fact he’s foolish enough to try and save you, give him one warning. “ If you speak to me again as if I’m some kind of condemned lost soul or if you talk to me about your religion, I’ll be contacting the personnel department.”

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

How about...

"Never! Get thee behind me Satan!"

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What I’m after is that link. I remember seeing it some time ago. It shows JWs at an assembly in Chile, acting like it was a Pentecostal meeting. Then it goes to an actual Pentecostal meeting. There is virtually no difference

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Here is the first you tube clip. I just have to find the JW/Chile one.

https://youtu.be/S-308Dv7O3k

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

You really think you can convince him?

Here is what you do, you start talking to your boss: I used to belong to a cult, I left a long time ago, but this guy is a leader there, I just want you to be aware, because they’re really insistent about me going back and they spend their time proselytizing even at work.

Then if he starts, you say, I really don’t want to talk about this, this is a place of business and you have no right to use your paid hours proselytizing here. If he insists or repeats, you file a complaint to your boss. You keep doing that every time, until he gets fired.

Or he is aware of the risk and doesn’t want to get fired, he keeps his mouth shut.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit