Who reads regularly

by Jayson 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Jayson
    Jayson

How many of you read at least one newspaper every day? Does anyone read more than one newspaper daily?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I try to read every issue of The Onion.

• free will
    free will

most of the news i hear comes from the internet. cnn, excite news, or yahoo news. no papers

• Hamas
    Hamas

Most days I read the newspaper, I also read teletext a lot and keep up to date that way.

Amazing what you will do to pass time when you are 'inbetween jobs'.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

I absofreakinlutely hate the news paper!!!!

The news paper is nothing but advertisements. I get my news from the TV and radio. I have a novel on my nightstand every night though. Never does a day go by that I do not read for at least half an hour.

Thunder

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I hardly read the newspaper, I get my news from Cnn.com, and local news from Talk Radio. Why buy a newspaper when you can get the news online for free?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

The news paper is nothing but advertisements. I get my news from the TV and radio.

Right because we all know there are no advertisements on the radio or TV.

Jo of the "eternal smartass" class

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

I don't subscribe to a newspaper 'cause I'm currently not housebreaking puppies.

If there is an article of interest that I'm alerted to on the TV news; I just read it in my neighbors paper.

I agree that the paper is mainly full of advertising and very little else.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I read a good portion of the newspaper. I read TIme and Newsweek on a weekly basis. I read some weblogs that keep up with the news.

My daughter says I read too much. She says the best way to learn is by watching TV.

Oh, I also check out The Onion online - great satire!

Btw, when I was an active jw and especially when I was an elder, I had little or no time to read anything except the Society's publications.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Yup, I read a lot on an eclectic range of topics. Newspapers for me are mainly a source of keeping up with the local sports teams. I read the news from several sources, but I frequent this one the most:

http://news.google.com/

I try to read the NY Times online as much as I can, as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit