Why doesn't God need a creator, while the Universe does?

by Bloody Hotdogs! 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    In the end when their mind turns off the answer will be "because the bible says so" thats always at the end of the circular reasoning before it starts again at the beginning.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

westiebilly11: ...I have a circular thought re universe expansion....if it is expanding..what is it expanding in?..ie.what is outside it for it to expand into?....after a while I get a headache!

I believe (and I certainly could be wrong) that it's not expanding into anything; space itself is expanding. In other words, the big bang was not an explosion in space; it was an explosion of space.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Bloody Hotdogs! - "Why doesn't God need a creator, while the Universe does?"

Because STFU, that's why!!!! - translated from the fundy vernacular (fundynacular?)

x

JW response: "I'll do some 'research' and 'get back' to you..."

• prologos
    prologos

maksutov
    2 days ago

"--It does not refer to matter spreading out in space, it refers to space itself getting bigger. Imagine a two dimensional universe by drawing little pictures of stars and galaxies on the surface of a balloon. Then inflate the balloon - the dots and galaxies move away from each other because the balloon (space) is expanding,--"

If you measured that imaginary balloon, perhaps at least 30 billion light years around, and then added 44 meters to that size, would a mouse, or proton fit everywhere inside the imaginary gap between the two sizes?

The answer (although off topic) is to show you that surprises await us on these questions.

• prologos
    prologos

no takers? well here is the [non relativistic] answer:

The universe by increasing in girth by 44 meters will increase in size to allow a Giraffe to stand between the previous radius and the newer one. in all directions; or working in feet measure, a 44 feet increase in extent will allow a human to stand in the imaginary gap seen as the expansion. works for the earth too. lots of space created for very little surface gain. surprises on both sides of the divide.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The universe is expanding...

...which means we'll never run out of real estate. :sunglasses:

• prologos
    prologos

Vidiot
    6 minutes ago

The universe is expanding......which means we'll never run out of real estate. :sunglasses: and

surprisingly, that expansion is found to be accelerating, into the void containing (dark) energy, that fuels the acceleration. Energy that was always there. perhaps. Always was always there too. making an uncreated creator non-god feasible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit