by Chevelle 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Chevelle:

Always welcome!

Atlantis!

• blondie
    blondie

800 pages! I think I will look at the youtube entry. Thanks Atlantis.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

blondie:

Always welcome blondie! Say hello to the other half and I'll see if I can send some buttered popcorn through the computer.

Atlantis!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Thank you Atlantis! you are the best of the best

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Atlantis. It is going to be 81 degrees 2 days from now then drop back to the low 60's. It is a crazy world.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Just did some fast number crunching. The New Testament in the 1984 hardcover version of the New World Translation is only 318 pages. Comparing book lengths is difficult if you can't do word counts, but I did an analysis of characters per page. This publication has a total of about four million characters, the new testament has a little over a million.

Says something about where the GB has its priorities.

Late note: one source I looked at said the whole Bible is a little over three million characters.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

wannaexit: Thank you Sir! Always liked that hat you wear in your picture.

blondie: You are not kidding about the weather. One day it's 40 degrees and the next day it's 80 degrees.

JeffT: That is pretty interesting about those numbers. I never thought much about counting characters.

Atlantis!

• menrov
    menrov

Thanks, what is the source of this document? WT? Purpose?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

menrov:

On page 2 right under the word "Introduction", it states:

(Brochure prepared by Jehovah’s Witnesses for meetings with government officials and academics)

The Watchtower Legal Department may have had this printed for government officials. If anyone else has any further information please send it over.

Atlantis!

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Jeff and Enough - You are spot on.

Atlantis - Thanks you for your diligence.

WTC did create this verbose word salad for govt officials and for use in court cases as a reference. Thie strategy is to use as many words as possible in the hope that it will bolster their case. In this case, it was just another mess. I took the time to go through it - embarassing!

As usual, they have adorned a pig with lipstick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit