Geoffrey Jackson and the Australian Royal Commission's timing of events

by Tenacious 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I'm not sure why I was thinking this but does anyone else find it an incredibly rare coincidence that Geoffrey Jackson just so happened to be in Australia attending to his father when the ARC happen to be at the exact stage for him to be deposed as a witness? What are the chances of him being in the country at that precise moment?

Divine intervention? Aligning of the stars? Snowing in Miami, Florida?

*Don't, no, no, back away from the keyboard, place your hands by your side and proceed to leave the room...cofty!!!

Just kidding mate.

• User99
    User99
    Yes. Wife & I discussed this with each other, after she watched the entire RC video set.
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Life is full of coincidences. I find that many things play out with near perfect timing.

It was a happy coincidence.

• The Governor
    The Governor
    It must of been Jehovah's hand helping the victims...or have Jackson embarrass himself. One or the other.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Don't forget bad Karma and Synchronicity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsKz1FBPTxc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Synchronicity is a concept first explained by psychiatrist Carl Jung, which holds that events are "meaningful coincidences" if they occur with no causal relationship, yet seem to be meaningfully related.[1] During his career, Jung furnished several slightly different definitions of it.[2]
    Jung variously defined synchronicity as an "acausal connecting (togetherness) principle," "meaningful coincidence", and "acausal parallelism." He introduced the concept as early as the 1920s but gave a full statement of it only in 1951 in an Eranos lecture.[3]
    In 1952, he published a paper "Synchronizität als ein Prinzip akausaler Zusammenhänge" (Synchronicity – An Acausal Connecting Principle)[4] in a volume which also contained a related study by the physicist and Nobel laureate Wolfgang Pauli.[5]
    Jung's belief was that, just as events may be connected by causality, they may also be connected by meaning. Events connected by meaning need not have an explanation in terms of causality. This contradicts the Axiom of Causality in specific cases but not generally.
    Jung used the concept to try to justify the paranormal.[6]
    A believer in the paranormal, Arthur Koestler wrote extensively on synchronicity in his 1972 book The Roots of Coincidence.[7]
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

Could it have been that watchtower's plan was to have Geoffrey Jackson was in Australia to oversee from behind the curtain? Was his father being sick a front and Jackson was meant to be there all along, not to testify, but to be a guide to the watchtower lawyers.

He probably wasn't expecting to be found out though

• MightyV8
    MightyV8
    They showed their ignorance over and over.
    "Have you read the previous statements?"
    "No, your Honor"
    How stupid do you really have to be to not prepare...are you crazy!!!

Oh but then again we don't need to prepare cause holy spirit is on our side, soo cocky so fully of pride arrogant opinionated...they must have HS with them..
    If you believe HS was at the ARC it was DEFINITELY not with the jws
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

wannaexit wrote: Could it have been that watchtower's plan was to have Geoffrey Jackson was in Australia to oversee from behind the curtain?

Ooo Interesting thought.

• Listener
    Listener

It is an amazing coincidence.

I believe that they could have called Jackson to the RC even if he had not been in Australia (as he is still officially Australian) but I don't think they initially understood the significance of his position until things were revealed and due to the instant communications they were able to receive from ex JWs.

Things just came together perfectly. Even the fact that these days the internet can be used to send messages and infomation instantly and that ex JWs took advantage of this as well as the Commission making themselves available to receive them.

Cardinal Pell relocated from Sydney to Rome around Feb 2014. He has been called to the RC and now says he is ill and asked to be heard via video link. McLellan refused his request and postponed his hearing date.

It would appear that the more a witness shows a reluctance to attend the more the Commission is determined to hear them, which is commonsense as it raises the question of what they are trying to hide.

Jackson and his supporters went even further than trying to avoid attendance for compassionate reasons. They claimed he had nothing to contribute whereas the Commission were aware enough by this stage that the claims were untrue.

Recently I re-read some of the transcript in regards to the Victorian (a State of Australia) Inquiry into the Handling of Child Abuse by Religious and other Organizations which was held in 2013 and the one that Seven Unthank was involved in. It didn't compare in any shape or form to the current RC and probably helped to make the WTBTS pretty much complacent about the whole thing. In comparison they would have had no idea what was about to hit them.

Reading the latest submission/response from the WTBTS demonstrates how stunned and bewildered they were about the whole hearing. They rejected all the claims, accused the commission of going outside its point of reference, belittled those involved in the Commission and were very reluctant to concede anything. In doing so they defied their own rules of neutrality - respect and submission for the higher authorities and not meddling in influencing changes to laws (as detailed in the April 2016 Watchtower).

I think they even said in their submission that it was obvious that the Commission were allowing themselves to be influenced by ex-JWs. Which of course they were, how else do they get both sides of the story? But there is a difference with being influenced and undue influence. I can't remember how accurate I am with this point though as I've only read it once and it was a very long document.

It's not just co-incidence for all this because the WTBTS have only themselves to blame. The Commission has shown itself to be very proficient and dedicated in what they are doing.

What puzzles me more than anything is in relation to Angus Stewart SC. He was only admitted as a Barrister in NSW in 2011 and appointed to Senior (formelly Queen's) Counsel in 2014, probably enabling him to hold the senior position he was in at the RC. As mentioned already, this Case Hearing 29 was far superior to the 2013 Victoria hearing and it was due to the Stewart's talent and dedication as well as the support given to him by the Hon Justice McLellan.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

1 Peter 4:17

For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God.

(In Hebrew - Bethel = House of God)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit