Why Were the Anabaptists Not Chosen by Jesus in 1919?

by berrygerry 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Does anyone know the URL for a video where Jesus talks (dubbed) about how he is going to choose Charles Russell in the time of the end?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

A.: Because they were not on the writing committee at the WTB&TS!

I love a remark that makes me laugh out loud the instant I see it. That was a gem.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thank you ScenicViewer. In time you will come to hate me like everyone else here. Until then, let's laugh and have fun.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

However, they were still the one group that far-and-away were the only ones that were practicing first-century Christianity the most closely.....berrygerry

Image result for Laughing hysterically

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" I didn't choose them they choose me as a means to proliferate the literature they printed, do people really think I would choose False Prophet Charlatans selling a tainted commercialized version of my Gospel ? "

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder209/500x/58139209/jesus-facepalm2-jesus-facepalm-even-he-thinks-this-is-ridiculous.jpg

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

First of all, sorry to ScenicViewer, i clicked "dislike" instead of "Like", apologies.

It is even more surprising that Jesus did not choose the Christadlephians, they were true Conscientious Objectors, had been since the U.S Civil War, and were teaching in 1919 what JW's only came to teach decades later. JW's "spiritual food" at the time consisted of the really wacky "Finished Mystery" book, and the writings of Rutherford, all rejected by the JW's since then as not being truth !

As Ray Franz summed it up well: “A direct investigation of the publications of the Watch Tower organization in the years from 1914 to 1919 reveals none of the prudent discretion that causes a man to ‘keep his lips in check’. It would be an insult to Christ Jesus to say that he selected this organization on the basis of what it was teaching, uniquely and distinctively, as of 1919.” (Raymond Franz, In Search of Christian Freedom, page 145)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Phizzy confessed, "First of all, sorry to ScenicViewer, i clicked "dislike" instead of "Like", apologies..."

Be at ease, O phizzious One, for you can UNDO the "dislike" by simply clicking "dislike" again. It is a very clever "digital toggle" that only allows a user to register ONE opinion rather than letting one user (me, for example) to overwhelm a user with HUNDREDS of dislikes. Our host, Simon Green is greatly to be praised for his insight into discussin-board psychology!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Nathan Natas,

...you can UNDO the "dislike" by simply clicking "dislike" again.

Nope, it didn't work for me. I gave you a dislike and I can't undo it.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Huh, ain't that sumthin, V.I.!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Simon should be aware, I just clicked dislike multiple times on the Post above, and all registered !

Nope, just looked and it's back to one now.

Ho Hum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit