Another lie about ex-JWs: they alter material

by neat blue dog 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I saw this comment recently, and it brought back memories:

apostates will get a-hold of one of their videos and "alter" it in some way to make the Watchtower look bad to the public.

This is one of WT's biggest false flags, the lie that 'apostates' will alter published content or recordings to say something that makes them look bad. Outside of obvious satire, I'm not sure this has ever happened. This is just an easy way to dismiss real material, which there is much of, that makes them look bad: The ever-present possibility that it was tainted by a Bitter Apostate ®.

Didn't anybody here use to believe that lie or heard it spread?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I heard that lie when I was a JW, I left back in 2001. Anyways when I was having doubts about the religion I did look up the information that the apostates had given, and this is what I found. They would tell which publication it came from, right down to the page, paragraph, and line(s). So to see if they were telling the truth I took out my own hard copies I had at home at the time, and discovered what the apostates had said was exactly what the Watchtower had printed. There were no alterations in what they were showing.

• LV101
    LV101

They are clearly professional liars and cons. There's too many collectors with evidence -- they can't destroy and confiscate their old publications fast enough. How many WT crazy books have been checked out (stolen - nothing is surprising) from libraries. They are always on their game -- so much to hide so little time.

Might be good idea for those who haven't purged WT trash to hang tight. Can you stand it -- another hobby of collecting.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You dont have to alter anything from the WTS/Jworg in their literature, their actions or now their videos to show the lies, ignorance and corruption of what this organization propagates.

It is actually the WTS and its top leaders who twist and alter information time from time to suit and support their own doctrines in an effort to make them appear accurate, honest and truthful.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Well, through the years, I have heard some apostates preaching things as fact and spreading non sense on news articles. Some would quote out of context and others would show pictures pointing to something blasphemous that was supposedly there. These ones made it sound very possible that they would alter the publications for their own agenda.

There, there are chat groups and forums such as this one, where facts actually do matter. For every "lying apostates", you will find at 20 others in a hurry to set them straight.

That is when I understood that as a whole, the watchtower was lying.

• LV101
    LV101

Why would apostates have to lie with all the valid lies/corruption of the publishing/real estate co - doesn't make sense but they certainly learned from the best at black magic appearing real (to the ignorant).

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Next thing you know they'll be claiming that videos they've deleted are deepfakes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Finkelstein - "You dont have to alter anything from the WTS/Jworg in their literature, their actions or now their videos to show the lies, ignorance and corruption of what this organization propagates."

One of the reasons they seem to be trying harder and harder to legally snuff out YouTube leakers, I suspect. :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Stephane - "through the years, I have heard some apostates preaching things as fact and spreading non sense on news articles."

It happens from time to time (*cough*RickFearon*cough*), but IMO, the larger XJW community itself actually does a pretty decent job debunking and denouncing Fake (Apostate) News.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Tameria - "...to see if they were telling the truth I took out my own hard copies I had at home at the time, and discovered what the apostates had said was exactly what the Watchtower had printed. There were no alterations in what they were showing..."

One of the biggest reasons the bOrg quit trying to sue "apostate" whistleblowers a long time ago, as a matter of fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit