Old Letter to the Governing Body

by WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

You made some incredibly valid points and provided sound reasoning to your arguments. However, you are asking the GB to un-ring the bell. I know of members that have been shunning friends and family for decades. They have done this through great pain and suffering...lifting the sanctions at this point would leave a bad taste in many people's mouths on both sides of the shunning. The blow back would be much greater than the past acceptance of organ transplants where individuals actually died due to the early prohibition. No records were ever kept on those that refused a transplant and died, but DA and DF records are quite abundant in every hall. Likewise, the blood issue will never be changed. Many lives were lost due to this prohibition as well. Saying that blood transfusions are okay would cause severe issues and a large exodus from the org from the survivors of those that died. Unfortunately, your letter will never come across a single eyeball in the GB. Some bethel mail clerk will read the first paragraph and file it in the round open top file cabinet on the floor. Sorry. :(

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Did they ever love you enough to reply with a logical scriptural response?

• Chook
    Chook

The GB get hundreds of letters of similar content, they the GB will read none of these . They are the popes of WT ,there are more important issues in their mind, such as selling the family heirlooms. I know most JW think these guy are Jesus on earth but I'm afraid to say that these guys don't eat with sinners.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

And what did the letter that you received in reply say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit