September 7, 2017 Re: Donations for Disaster Relief Work

by wifibandit 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Amen flipper, Amen. People this is why this cult is dangerous. They can say this shit and get away with it. Why? Why? Why? Could I not of seen this year's ago. Sick, sick, sick. Still Totally ADD

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think this call for donations to help fund disaster relief might be used to investigate the WT corporation charity status as a legitimate charity and may open them up to a proper investigation.

What if all the funds are used to repair the WT's holdings. Would this not be construed a fraud to avoid taxes on profits?

• sir82
    sir82

Their greed knows no bounds.

They view every natural disaster as merely a convenient fund-raising opportunity.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I agree with what the letter is saying. It is better to have a big pot where everything goes in that gets fuller than having a smaller pot that is less full and maybe won't have enough to do what needs to be done.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Shame on the GB for using a natural disaster to fill their coffers even more.

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

I had to sign on just comment on this.

Most donations. water, clothing, food, etc. have been donated by congregations around the TX area affected by Harvey. No funds, that I can see, have been donated or expensed by the WT. Food and everything else related has been supported by the local congregations that were not affected.

It's just a money grab people. That's all.

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz
    Please do not send donated clothing, supplies, or materials to branch facilities or to the disaster area unless specifically requested to do so by the branch office or the relief committee. This will ensure an orderly relief effort and the proper distribution of goods.

There are even wrong ways to show love for people who lost everything. 10x GB

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz
    Whats that scripture that says something like when you see someone in need you just say go in peace without lifting a finger to help them ?

The WT doesn't give a f about the letter of James. The letter of James is full of practical advice and they rarely use these scriptures. Only to talk about the "danger of the bad talking" (when pp are talking against the elders) or to use the part to "call in the elders" to justify the authority to judge sins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit