Anyone have a copy of that JW poem about a child who doesn't survive Armageddon?

by Bleep Bloop 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Bleep Bloop
    Bleep Bloop

I think it was called "A Mother's Thoughts." It was a rather dreadful poem written from the viewpoint of a mom a few weeks after armageddon, reminiscing about her child that didn't survive. In one part, the rebellious kid says, "I can take care of myself in snow, sleet or rain. Besides, if I die, I'll feel no pain." And at the end, the mom says, "You know, son, it's funny, no matter how hard I try- as far as feeling pain, neither do I."

My dad used it in one of his public talks, so bits of it are burned indelibly in my memory, but I'd love to get my hands on the whole thing. I asked him recently for a copy, but he said he'd 'misplaced it.' :P

• tiki
    tiki

Ugh....I abhorred those "poems". Just a line that rhymes does not make real poetry. Those were just a slobbering tool to rile up emotions. Another disgusting little cult manipulation.....

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The Watchtower is a love removal machine.

You cannot show love by intentionally causing suffering. Love is never conditional. Love accepts a person as a whole, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

my ex wife would just love that.

its just warped.

• pixel
    pixel

Wait, what? I've never heard of this poem. Hopefully someone can give a reference to it.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Never came across that, but it sounds morbid.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I’ve never heard it, either.

But I’d love to hear it and do a cover...only this time with a bit of role reversal. So the mother begins this time and says “For raising up apostate son’s I’ll pioneer in snow, sleet and rain, Shunning you for righteousness I’ll feel no pain”

Ending with the Son, this time, saying “ As I turn the corner of the old folks home, then... walk on by, as far as feeling pain....neither do I”

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

How about this? I just whipped it up!

"Roses are red,

violets are blue,

You died at Armageddon,

No "boo-hoo" for you!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No, I am pleased to say that I never heard that poem...The only ones I heard were positive, and they were bad enough. As for using it in a public talk?

That would be awful!

I shal watch this thread to see if it turns up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit