2018-3-21-BOE-Special Preaching-Campaign in Ireland!

by Atlantis 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

2018-3-21-BOE, Special Preaching Campaign in Ireland.

https://we.tl/XMF085OdD9

Atlantis!

• oppostate
    oppostate

Thanks Atlantis!

Long live the leaks!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

oppostate:

Very welcome!

Atlantis!

• Marcial
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

Marcial:

Thank you!

Atlantis!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Thank you Atlantis. Each time you submit such a letter, you stick a needle in the WTBTS's eye!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The Fall Guy:

needle in the WTBTS's eye!

And that sounds painful! But nothing compared to what the Watchtower has put the people on this board through.

Atlantis!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks for the Info ! I like to be up to date with matters JW.

I can see this effort backfiring in several ways, the Mainland Brit JW's think of the Irish JW's as somewhat "backward" and have a superior attitude toward them, they also have no concept of Irish culture and attitudes, so I am pretty sure they will ruffle some feathers in the Irish JW Congregations and in the general populace, most of whom don't really like the Brits since that unpleasantness in the 19th Century, when Britain starved the Irish out of pure greed.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

I agree with Phizzy that this can backfire. It is very patronizing for the English pioneers and their families to presume that they can communicate the message to Irish people better than the Irish themselves. I have see this elsewhere, where exemplary pioneers are invited to to work a campaign in another part of their own country. A local pioneer was offended because she felt that the target territory was already overworked, that they had worn out their welcome. But she didn't quit in protest, since it would weaken her husband's position as elder.

• Bruisedandbleeding12
    Bruisedandbleeding12

Thanks Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit