Is the Jesus of religion conservative, and the Jesus of the New Testament liberal?

by Fernando 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Looking at the context of Matthew 6:48

The CEB translation gives an interesting alternative to the word perfect, which is used in many English translations/versions. I posted the context of Matthew 5:48 a couple of comments back.

CEB Therefore, just as your heavenly Father is complete in showing love to everyone, so also you must be complete.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I wonder whether Jesus was conservative or Liberal when it`s all boilled down to it.

From what I can gather he was ????,He never wrote anything down himself at all .Maybe he thought what he had to say wasn`t very important at all , certainly not to be taken literally by the jews and definetly not to be taken literally by the whole world. ?

The only sayings of Jesus comes from second and third , fourth ,? hand accounts as to what he was supposed to have said.

That does not inspire confidence in me.

At least Moses is attributed to have written 5 books , even if they do cover a couple of Centuries after the event.

Wasn`t Jesus touted as the greater Moses ?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's not so much about getting confidence in Jesus or in what is written about him. Here in America we have a party, the Grand Old Party of Republicans that has managed to convince some more simple thinking Christians that Jesus was a Republican , so they would vote GOP. Most of them, GOP leaders, don't give a flip about religion. They only pretend to be ultra Christians to get votes so they can push their agenda. And they pretend to care about the unborn and abortion. Religion, for them, is a tool to fool and get voters. To vote GOP is to please God. To vote Democrat is to vote for the Devil's party doncha know? Those baby killers. I'm not a Republican.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sanchy - "Who said conservatism is defined by the GOP?"

Umm... the GOP?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Well, I don't know if Jesus should be split into Jesus of religion and Jesus of the NT.

But I'll say this: compared to Yahweh and Allah, Jesus is liberal - very liberal.

Hell, compared to Yahweh and Allah, Donald Trump is liberal.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LoveUni - "...Hell, compared to Yahweh and Allah, Donald Trump is liberal."

That is hands down, without a doubt, the best goddamn punchline I've read all month. :laughing:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit