Watchtower sign was illegal

by jaydee 6 Replies latest social current

• jaydee
  • Listener
    Listener

They were very proud that they could inform the public of the time and the temperature.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/bethel/watchtower-sign-brooklyn-landmark/

• waton
    waton

Other wt time indicators were illegal too. Acts I :7 forbade them to enter the father's domain of pretending to know the times and seasons, in their publications, now broadcasts.

Deuteronomy makes it a capital offence to make predictions on God,s behalf that turn out to be duds.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Illegal for over 50 years - and no one in New York's administration said anything?

I'm beginning to suspect that the WTBTS has some influential political friendships.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Illegal for over 50 years - and no one in New York's administration said anything?
    I'm beginning to suspect that the WTBTS has some influential political friendships.

The. Kerfuffles!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If the sign was indeed put up before the WT bought it, then I can see how it could be grand-fathered in if the sign was originally legal.

I can also see the argument that the letters themselves are not part of the structure since they are just attached and not weight-bearing so as to be considered part of the structure. I would agree that changing the letters does not constitute a structural change.

Obviously if changes were made to the structure they would have had to go through the process of getting new permits which would not be approved today.

I guess with the WT gone to Warwick, it is a moot point now.

Rub a Dub

• steve2
    steve2

Me thinks that darn old end-times horse has bolted on this one. Trust the persistence of legal nitpickers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit