Do you think Watchtower is owned by a man at the top

by Foolednomore 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Do you think Watchtower is own by one man at top that is so mysterious but only the Governing Idiots answer to?

Or could it be a family like the Rothschilds or some other wealthy family. Or a secret branch( experiments) of the Government?

A secret Group?

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

I think that if you turn into any mainstream religion whether watchtower want to admit they are or not, you are owned by the government. Being a religion means you are automatically tax exempt. Yet the governments offer tax exempt form that you are not required to fill out. By filling out and returning these forms, you bind yourself to government restrictions and regulations on how to run your religion. Watchtower for years even through part of the N.H Knorr era, refused to be called a religion (see the 1943 watchtower article "eve religions first victim"). However, since the hostile take over by some board of directors (who claimed direct channel to God and called themselves a "governing body") in the Franz presidency (Franz did not agree with this and gave, at a convention what would now be considered an apostate talk) they've called themselves, not only a religion but the ONLY TRUE RELIGION. And as a matter of fact sometime between the above watchtower article and the release of the book faith on the March they considered themselves a religion. I still have research to do to fix a date on this but your question was to fascinating not to answer

• Biahi
    Biahi

Welcome, Judge Russelford, to this forum. I like your name, is your first name Nathan? Lol.

• jojorabbit
    jojorabbit

I think the Watchtower is a lot like members of Congress. They do not actually own it but they run it. So as long as they are in power there is no real difference. If they are kicked out or die they do not give it to their relatives. But while in power its just like they own it.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Judge RF I think that if you turn into any mainstream religion whether watchtower want to admit they are or not, you are owned by the government. Being a religion means you are automatically tax exempt. Yet the governments offer tax exempt form that you are not required to fill out. By filling out and returning these forms, you bind yourself to government restrictions and regulations on how to run your religion. Watchtower for years even through part of the N.H Knorr era, refused to be called a religion (see the 1943 watchtower article "eve religions first victim").

I couldn't agree more. We know the only real way to get Watchtower to tow the line is to threaten them with removal of their tax breaks/exemptions. We saw this in Australia with the redress scheme.

• waton
    waton
    (Franz did not agree with this and gave, at a convention what would now be considered an apostate talk)

Jrf, I remember that, the "tail wagging the dog analogy", and wondered what went on at the top.

I have seen too, that astonishing, ostentatious wealth exists at the periphery of the administrations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit