Look what I got for five bucks...

by Nosferatu 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I think I've found the one true religion!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Looks in good condition ! full of crap of course, but a fascinating read if you have the time for it, and the stomach !

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

How dare you say it's full of crap! According to this book, we're already in paradise. Someone find me a lion to pet...

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

Lucky you, I’ve been searching for a copy of this book

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I found it at an antique store. I can't imagine why it was there. I mean, the information in this book is truthful, accurate, timeless, and was approved by Jesus Christ himself!

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah that book was THE basis for Jesus picking Rutherford & Co. as THE "Faithful & Discreet Slave"! It was the newest of new light in 1918/1919.

It must be filled with "spiritual gems"!

Please do share whatever other little pellets you find.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Antique Roadshow worthy.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Very rare book in good condition! I love the part where New York Bethels dimensions are in the the bible...classic bull crap splintered the brothers in two! Rutherford was Russell on LSD.

• carla
    carla

Nice winged symbol! a quick Google search -

"Going back even further, it seems likely the winged skull symbol was an evolution of winged disk and winged figure symbols. Found in many ancient cultures around the world, the winged disk almost always represents solar energy. The Assyrian winged disk represents the sun God Shamash; the Egyptian figure, the sun God Re. Some believe the figure is based on the appearance of the sun's corona during a solar eclipse. This ancient symbol has several embodiments of the alchemical “union of opposites”, an ancient doctrine which accepts a syncretism of conflicting views, a harmony as opposed to a never-ending conflict between Good and Evil."

With all the superstitions jw's have and how things in the past were use for xyz (name your evil thing) how can they not look on the entire wt org with it's winged symbols (not to mention the wt symbol itself) and not get the willies?

Can't have a birthday because once someone got their head lopped off at a birthday party (forget one guy got to live) but it is ok to use symbols of questionable beginnings (in their minds) because they no longer have any 'meaning'? how do current jw's reconcile this in their minds? put it on the back burner and hope it goes away?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit