The real reason the Watchtower Magazine is studied

by RULES & REGULATIONS 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    The Watchtower Study is not real Bible study.

Just looking at their actions alone can give you a clue. They say that "the Bible is very clear about..." everything, yet, they have gazillions of publications to explain it. That can give you a clue that they are full of it.

• Ding
    Ding

They say that "the Bible is very clear about..." everything, yet, they have gazillions of publications to explain it.

Not only that, but they keep getting "new light" on what these "clear" statements mean... until nothing is clear (example: overlapping generations of anointed).

• Half banana
    Half banana
    "By directing interested people to our official websites, we are connecting them with the one true source of spiritual food, 'the faithful and discreet slave.'"

That is a cult classic Listener!

What bunch of pea-brained popinjays could tell the world that God has chosen them alone as his channel? Who is it who spouts this drivel and expects to get away with it? Only JW cult leaders!

I am at the same time both nauseated and glad for the cheek of this statement by JW org. Nauseated because it is so far removed from reality, (they are unfaithful and indiscreet) so pie in the sky that it will become easy to see the absurdity of it. Since when have they had the slightest evidence of divine approval? They have ALWAYS proved to have been WRONG in their interpretation of prophecy!

I can imagine how individual GB members, with the exception of Tony Morris, might privately be harbouring a dilemma of conscience and thinking; I wish Armageddon would hurry up, I can't believe this nonsense myself for very much longer.

They must know its baloney . . . and that makes them all the more culpable for the damage they cause to their flock in depriving them, amongst other things, of their birthright to a normal life of their own choosing.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    half banana said: Since when have they had the slightest evidence of divine approval?

WATCHTOWER FEBRUARY 15,2009 PAGE 27

The Slave Is Faithful and Discreet

11, 12. How has the slave shown itself to be faithful and discreet?

11 Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust the faithful and discreet slave, should we not do the same? After all, the slave has shown itself to be faithful in doing its assigned work. For example, the Watchtower magazine has been published for some 130 years. Meetings, assemblies, and conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses continue to build us up spiritually.

Jehovah God and Jesus completely trust the ''faithful and discreet slave.'' Where is the evidence? How did they find out?

God trusts a group of men from New York.....really? Men who claim divine approval with no real evidence.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One obvious evidence of the WTS inherent corruption is that it proclaimed many doctrines which were false but had more tactical appeal to proliferate their published literature, yet the WTS says they are the only true organization that god has exclusively chosen to dissipate bible truths.

It was the WTS own freewheeling agenda to get people to read their publications in spite of doing upon a unscriptural basis.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

11, 12. How has the slave shown itself to be faithful and discreet?

11 Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust the faithful and discreet slave, should we not do the same? After all, the slave has shown itself to be faithful in doing its assigned work. For example, the Watchtower magazine has been published for some 130 years. Meetings, assemblies, and conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses continue to build us up spiritually.

Since starting University after my exit from the cult, i read the above and cringe. Every essay i submit has to be backed up with evidence from esteemed experts, the opposite considered and my conclusion severely critiqued to make sure what im writing is correct.

If the above was submitted in a University essay it'd get zero marks. Terrible arguments presented.

1. Jehovah and Jesus trust the FDS? - so many holes here. Firstly the mention of the FDS was in a parable by Jesus, not a prophecy. Second, it's not been proven that the FDS is even a person or people. Third, we're given no evidence that God/Jesus trust the FDS. That's three mistakes in one sentence.

2. A magazine being published for 130 years doesn't make it true. The Spectator magazine has been in print since 1828.

3. Conventions build us up spiritually? That would be a subjective/relative concept.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

After all, the slave has shown itself to be faithful in doing its assigned work. For example, the Watchtower magazine has been published for some 130 years

Agreed. Their assigned work has been publishing a magazine, and now engaging in flipping real estate...and that is all!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Here is an interesting document that discusses the WT's history regarding songs. The document makes the statement that songs are often used to inculcate organizational doctrine into the laity. (Not peculiar to just the WT.)

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Yes, it is so amazing that the supposed ALMIGHTY CREATOR of the UNIVERSE inspired a book that is supposedly the ONLY way to gain a relationship with him and survive and gain eternal life, yet that same book is so easily misunderstood by billions of people worldwide...
    AND, he then needs a select group of men to explain how to understand this same book... A group of men who have made mistakes in deep doctrines, and errors in explaining what "God's truth" is so many times...
    It really does show that this ALMIGHTY CREATOR must revel in making it difficult for people to draw close to him

And all of this begs the question: Why even go through the trouble of divinely inspiring the Bible to ensure its accuracy and infallibility if worshipers are supposedly duty bound by divine decree to rely on the imperfect interpretations of men? The infallibility of the Bible is rendered of no use because the imperfect men will inevitably misinterpret it. It makes no sense!

• Half banana
    Half banana

PE the JW org fails abysmally once pitted against academic values, it's hardly any wonder they fear higher education. They would soon dissolve if even simple evidence and logic were applied.

The flock are indoctrinated at every meeting to happily accept gb ideas which are just pulled out of the ether as if from God. Makes you want to spit (or worse!)

What are you studying btw?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit