Southern Baptist View of Women-Too Funny!!

by Had Enough 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi all:

I found these sites posted on H20 this morning. From what I can see this site is no joke... Thought you'd all get a kick out of it...and we thought the WTS's view of women can be suppressive.

Women’s Role in the Bible Quiz
    http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0301/roleofwomen.html

A wrong answer gives this message: "WRONG! You unsaved Moron"
    A right answer says: "Glory to God! Correct"

Now this next sight made my sides sore from laughing so much. I’ve still got tears rolling down my face.

Warning: Don’t read these sites while sipping a coffee or eating…laughter could make you choke

The article is entitled "Farmers Use Menstruating Women to Fertilize Crops"
    http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0401/filthyfemales.html

I love the suggestion

we were going to just let these females loose in the woods behind Mrs. Hawthorne's farm.

Sorry people I’m convulsing with a fit of the giggles right now from the mental picture I have of all of this. I won't be right all day.

Had Enough

****PS: I came back to edit this to clarify right at the beginning of this thread, that this is a 'tongue in cheek' site poking fun at Baptist's but when you think of it, it could be at other religions too who take the Bible quite literally.

The trouble with this site is, their monthly records of emails sent to them show that many people take this site seriously and either praise them or berate them for their articles.

Nevertheless....it still remains a good knee-slapper for those with a silly sense of humour.

HE

• Tina
    Tina

Morning HE,
    LOL that place is hysterical lol...did you click on the Betty Bowers site from there? ROF-her motto-Love the sinner-hate her clothes.........I go there when I need to laff,hugs,Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• mommy
    mommy

HE
    Thanks now I will not be right all day either. LOL
    Tina
    I checked it out, and plan on sending several rebukes out via email this afternoon. Tooo funny! here is the link:
    . http://www.bettybowers.com/new.html
    Mrs. Bowers introduces the world's first fully automated rebuking software. Simply fill in your name and the name (and e-mail) of someone less pious (or who simply rubs you the wrong way) and they will immediately receive a curt Christian rebuke that will blow their hair back! It's a miracle! Truly, letting people know that you are more favored by God than they are has never been easier! When you see how easy it is, you will want to rebuke even saved people!

Thanks HE
    wendy

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Thanks Tina and Wendy:

The whole site is just too funny for words!

I just went back to look at your suggestions. I shouldn't have...now I have to be let loose in the fields.

Oh no....now the neighbours heard me laughing and think I've gone off my rocker. !!!!!

Had Enough

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

sorry--double post HE

• patio34
    patio34

It's a parody, a joke against Baptists. But a very funny one.

• COMF
    COMF

Folks, before you go protesting and pointing out errors, please realize... the site is a parody. It's deliberately outrageous.

COMF

• mommy
    mommy

Thanks for the words of advice. I figured that out in HE original post
    wendy

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi all!

Don't worry...I figured that out too by my second visit there..

But it's sillyness still makes me laugh...I thought some would find it funny too. The mental pictures are just too funny for words..especially women who have experienced the heavy hand of men who think we should be seen and not heard. The thought of being banished to piddle in the fields just tickles me silly...

Had Enough

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I love that site. I should visit it more often. Have you tried any of their quizzes about Bible knowledge? The answers are pretty obvious, really, but when you consider the "Biblical" viewpoint in terms of the questions asked, it can really clear things up about the value of Biblical wisdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit