My New Thoughts on Adam and Eve (don't laugh)

by xjwsrock 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Warning for those that are still believers... This train of thought will not be faith strengthening...

I have come a long way since first stumbling on crumbs of TTATT in 2012. (I have not come nearly as far with the wife unfortunately, but such is life.) My critical thinking ability, thankfully, is in another stratosphere since figuring out I was a JW lab rat. A lot of thanks goes to this forum for that. People like Cofty, Terry, Oubliette, etc deserve mention.

So here goes.... I was thinking about Adam and Eve the other day at a meeting. It was a few weeks back. We were studying the 12/15/15 Study Edition WT - Article was entitled Jehovah, the God of Communication. The point was brought out (par. 4) that Jehovah communicated with Adam with human language.

(When I hear something now in a meeting that resembles a new thought, it stands out like a light in a dark room.)

That one point - that God spoke to Adam with human language - caused me to realize something I had never thought about before concerning the Genesis account. Adam and Eve were not normal humans. They were "born" adults. These two persons never had the experience of being children, or having human parents, or learning how to speak or walk or anything else like normal people do.

If God spoke to Adam with Human language, how did Adam learn that language?

Whatever answer you dream up to the above question, he didn't learn language like the average person does. He would have had to have been pre-programmed with language or have experienced some odd man-child situation where God raised a full-grown Adam like a baby - feeding him, helping him learn to walk, helping him learn to speak, etc. Then as the story continues....Whatever happened with Adam would naturally have had to be repeated with Eve.

So.....regardless of how you try to explain Adam and Eve's jump to adulthood without the experience of childhood, you have to admit these two persons are hardly examples of the basic human experience. They are human prototypes. They are starter experiments. Adam and Eve never had human parents, grandparents, extended family, or any sort of community. Heck, they never even had the chance to talk with another person of their same gender.

My point... Adam and Eve couldn't possibly be considered representative of the human race or be expected to be emotionally and/or psychologically developed, stable, or mature... or "normal" by any common measure.

So why on earth would God hold all of mankind accountable for the actions of these odd human prototypes?

P.S. The reason I said "Don't Laugh" in the Title is because these are all brand new thoughts for me

What do you think?...

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

short answer,

its a pretty chopped up story by ancient people trying to explain how we got here and why things went so 'wrong'

my guess

they were among some aliens that were dropped off or crash landed here. so were aliens, we dont belong here and we've ruined so much of the earth.

long answer.

Adam was made in gods image. so as an 'adult' he was like all the other angelic spirit creatures that were created by jesus.[1 colossians 1 16]

[yes, by jesus, since the bible says all things were made through him and by him. he was the first of all creation. so he had to be here before anything else.]

he had to have known[been pre- programed] everything adult as to survive on a new planet he knew nothing about.

Adam and eve had not been along in the garden. they often heard god walking about. and there must have been others among them,

why i think Adam and eve were not alone, and had children in the garden. [why put man in a garden like a prisoner?]

ask yourself,

how did Eve know what it would be like to have increased birth pains, is she never experienced any in the first place?

how would they know what death was if they never saw it to fear it?

why would they fear death unless they has experienced something dying.

how did they know what bad was if there was no bad created ?

lol god had to have created bad to have it to be done.

I could never get past genesis. two separate stories , lots of weird questions.

really doesn't matter to us , wont change a darn thing for anyone.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Good thoughts in the original Akkadian story's the creator god with the help of a female god made man and thier attempts were not good at first. They were unable to standup straight, walk, etc. So your thoughts are much closer to what the originators of the story of Adam and Eve were thinking.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

xjwsrock ...

As you instructed, I did not laugh while reading this.

But as the same time, towards the end, I did evacuate into my shorts.

Rub a Dub

• AnneB
    AnneB
    And what proof or scripture(s) does WT have that God communicated with Adam in human language?
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Lol. I didn't laugh til just read some of the responses. Things that have not come to mind for years came back. There is something to be said for thinking beyond what is said to what is unsaid. Thanks.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Jehovah communicated with Adam with human language.

Instead of what? Dog language? This is their new truth? Worth waiting for! This is what happens when people are not allowed to read anything or talk about anything. They have nothing to discuss. So much knowledge available and this is their pathetic offering.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Xanthippe - Dog language... LOL.....love that.

I know ... there are problems all over the place. Bunch of uneducated people sitting around nodding their heads. Pitiful...

AnneB - no proof of course... they always add to the story. They add more than was there to begin with. lol

JWdaughter - Amen sister

Crazyguy - I will have to look up the Akkadian story. Thanks for the reference.

• scary21
    scary21
    Love the way you think !
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

What ever the language God spoke to Adam he sure did learn fast, he named all the animals and

that must have taken a long time. Hell he named animals he had never seen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit