If King of North/South was true, would it be about Islam?

by Bad_Wolf 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Reading it in Daniel 11, especially towards the end, 11:40-45, if King of the North would be Christianity/USA/Jews(if they do control USA), and King of the South, Islam. In those end the King of the South is mainly an irritant. Not much power, and the King of the North has big armies and power, so overtakes the middle east. Then looks like he's about to take on Libya too, but then reports from "the North" (Russia) and the sunrising(east, possibly North Korea or China) disturb him.

• waton
    waton

islamic kings of the North / South? North: Shia Iran, South: Sunni Saudi Arabia. caught in the middle: Babylon the not so great, Irac, Katar.

So far so good, divide and rule. kept Europe back for centuries too.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = no the bible writings are relating to the King of the North (Israel)

and the King of the South being (Judah)

Islam was founded centuries later in around 600 AD.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This sort of thinking is a proof that someone may have left a JW doomsday cult, but the religion/dogma has not left them.

The Book of Daniel was written as a Political Tract for its time, Antiochus Epiphanes is its target. It was written in around 170 to 164 BCE, it was of a genre that claimed to be written earlier and to be prophetic. You could be harsh and say it was a fraud, but the target readership well knew the genre, to attack the Ruler openly would have meant death, it had to be a veiled attack.

It has no relevance to events after the death of Antiochus.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well Fink,given Daniels prophecy is about the time of the end we can project it to this 21st century.

You know WT lingo ,type and anti-type ,now does that make much more sense ?

Bad_Wolf and waton ,you guys get my vote to be on the list to be the next in line to be GB members if not then at least to be on the writing department.

They need people like you with vision ,I`m sorry Holy spirit

Between the two of you a new Daniel book of new light should be forthcoming soon we all look forward to it .

It cant be any worse or off the mark than any previous books on prophecy that the WTB&TS have previously published these past 130 years . Go for it .

{ Disclaimer :no offence to Finkelstein,waton,or Bad_Wolf with this post ,my apologies.}

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You can take the boy out of the Watchtower, but it's a lot harder to get the Watchtower out of the boy.

We've all been there.

In fact, I distinctly remember feeling palpable relief when I finally realized I didn't have to subscribe to WT apocalypticism anymore.

(not being a smartass, BTW)

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

The fact jews are regatheted and have israel and Jerusalem again after removed for around 1500 years? Is what makes me wonder on certain prophecies

• smiddy
    smiddy

Time and unforseen occurrences befall us all Bad Wolf ,or is it coincidence ?the God of this system of things throwing us a curve ?surely its not "true prophecy ,what he fortells comes to be"?

Or maybe its the" British Israelites" or the" Worldwide Church of God" the" PlainTruth" magazine or any number of other" EndTime" religions that all have similar themes that sprung up towards the end of the 18th Century.

A number of religions believe in the literal fullfillment of the Jews returning to Israel/Jerusalem however JW`s dont they see it as symbolic a spiritual interpretation is given to those prophecys.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yup.

Honestly, I 've long been kinda surprised that the WTS resisted the temptation to jump on that bandwagon.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Recent events, and the muslims attacking french churchs, sri lanka, etc, Daniel being written to be to Jews, then Christians being King of the North and Islamists, King of the South.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit