Special talk/Memorial (Trigger warning maybe?!?)

by gabcol 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gabcol
    gabcol

Hi everyone. First off, you all are amazing. Though I don't comment much on here, it is nice to read all of your posts and see our shared knowledge/experiences. Thank you for everything.

So, here in Australia, we just had the special talk and tonight was the memorial. I was brave (or stupid) enough to go to both and these are some of the things I have noticed.

1.) Beards- some of the brothers have really taken advantage of this rule change, It was strange to walk in and see so many sporting a beard ( especially ones giving talks). This was interesting to me as when I was a teenager, I got into trouble for attempting to grow a mustache.

2.) Apparently there were 20 million individuals who went to the memorial last year.

3.)The brother on stage tonight made a comment that it was 'nice to see so many people using hard copy bibles tonight' .

4. One thing I got a kick out of tonight at the memorial, was that a lady in her 30's sitting next to me took the bread from the bowl. Her husband started nibbling on it. The look on the brothers' faces were priceless.

Lastly, one thing I realised is that I'm tired.. although I strongly disagree with the Watchtower society and their beliefs, I have noted that I don't have the fight or hatred in me as I had ages ago. I have come to just accept what it is and mind my own business. Hope all of you are doing well.. and again, thank you for being my 'family'.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I just zoomed in to a memorial. (UK) . It was the most disappointing one I have ever heard . He spoke almost entirely about the paradise earth future compared to the world today and his examples of “blessings “ were large houses, hot tubs and sailing boats ! All very materialistic.

In contrast I caught a thing on tv earlier where this church lady, rehearsing for a passion play was full of the incomparable love of the Christ and the peace that it brings.

Who is the more “spiritual “?

• gavindlt
    gavindlt

I can’t imagine how you could even stomach attending the occasion.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Lovely post Gabcol

Blues He spoke almost entirely about the paradise earth future compared to the world today and his examples of “blessings “ were large houses, hot tubs and sailing boats ! All very materialistic.

How awful! Why not go preach on the London Stock Exchange if that's his bag....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit