The governing body KNEW

by FedUpJW 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

So I received an email from one of the used-to-be JW friends that now pretty much ignore me. It was haranguing me about "getting right with Gee-HO'-Vuh", and how imperative it was to "return to the organization". It continued on with the worn out argument that "the faithful and discreet slave KNOW what we must do in order to be safe and to live, as Gee-HO'-Vuh brightens the light to them." Then they had the nerve to conclude saying they had attached a photo that proved "The governing body KNEW in advance what was going to happen. See the Awake cover shows the protest at the Capitol."

I wish a person could make this insanity up, but sadly they look for anything to bolster their worship of the governing body.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

That could be any Capitol. Protests are not a new phenomena. We have had at least since O to recognize the signs. Actually way back. Ruby Ridge, Waco, Bolsheviks, Coxey. Spain, mid 1800s London

• Overrated
    Overrated

I got a letter that said pretty-much the same crap about "Returning to Gee-hober ". I returned a letter listing questions and various areas we the GB miss the mark. A long list! Told them to go piss-off!

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

No rotundra in the picture on the Awake! so it is NOT the Capitol Building. If they insist, show them a picture of the real Capitol, focus on the rotundra, and tell them they are a liar just like the god they worship.

• Sherman
    Sherman

Now we all know public protests just started to appear starting around 1914 and never before .

By the way the answer to the question is yes !

Protesting is a useful effective way to express opinions and ideologies which the public thinks that needs to be addressed toward the acting government, in other words its a voice.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Seen this movie before. The protests of the 60's were proof the tumultuous times leading up to Armageddon coming in 1975

• PhilosophicalLogic
    PhilosophicalLogic

I think it’s odd that a picture of people at the Capitol would be used as an indicator of predictive prophecy. If they really know the future, why aren’t they making specific predictions?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Jehovah's Witnesses have been, have not been, have been, have not been calling themselves prophets for a very long time.

AW 22/3/93 The Watchtower, the official journal of Jehovah's Witnesses has said: "We have not the gift of prophecy". Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Never in these instances, however, did they presume or originate predictions "in the name of Jehovah". Never did they say, "These are the words of Jehovah."

Awake! 10/8/68 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end to the world", even announcing a specific date...yet nothing happened. The end did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. What was missing? Missing was the full measure of evidence required in fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Missing from such people were God's truths and evidence that he was guiding and using them."

WT 06/15/57 p. 370 "Jehovah has established a very definite channel of communication through which he deals with his people ... It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Remind your friend that the T.V show, The Simpsons, predicted Trumps presidency- among other things.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

True ....there have been many instances where the entertainment industry has done stories that strangely predict things that happened.

When I was young the Watchtower used to make a lot out of the fact that they predicted that the League Of Nations would rise again . I have since learned that at the time they said it, the thing was widely expected anyway

Crazy dubs who read too much into artwork are just silly people. Wiser heads would not say that. At least you can take the fact that they cared enough about you to write. We never hear a word from the congregation, and my wife was active up until lockdown.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit