whatever happened to rotation? wt study to April two.

by waton 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Blondie, that's a very good post from Jwfacts. The rotational arrangement was wrong, and who did the Organization blame because they got it wrong? In Watchtower's clever way, they blamed Jesus!

Notice the subheading...

THE KING ORGANIZES HIS SUBJECTS FOR GREATER ACTIVITY

Watchtower 2014 Jan 15 p.15

Of course neither Jesus nor Jehovah had anything to do with it - Watchtower does it's own meddling, makes it's own mistakes, then later has to make it's own refinements - but it sure sounds great to say 'the King did it.'

• waton
    waton

After that wt study, I mentioned the missing past rotating arrangement to an elder, as a subtle hint, that he should volunteer to be rotated out of the perennial position he holds, because his hoarse voice has so changed with age, that many can not understand what he is saying. , not that it makes a difference anyway.

He was taken aback by the supporting fact, that the period of rotation was the most fruitful, and it's demise ushered in a real decline in membership. He did not want to put growth in the congregation, ahead of his perks.

The rotational arrangement was wrong, S V.

comment: It was wrong only from the standpoint of wt's goal to establish an iron-handed hierarchy. From the standpoint of the mag. studied, it would have broadened the base of skilled brothers with hands-on involvement but it exposed too many superfluous second rate holdouts., among other things.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The rotational arrangement was wrong, S V.

comment: It was wrong only from the standpoint of wt's goal to establish an iron-handed hierarchy. From the standpoint of the mag. studied, it would have broadened the base of skilled brothers with hands-on involvement but it exposed too many superfluous second rate holdouts., among other things.

When I said the rotational arrangement was wrong I meant from a Biblical point of view. Watchtower tried to make a connection with the Bible at the start of the rotation, but it was weak, and later reversed itself in the 1983 Organization book.

"The elders do not serve in these positions on a rotational basis." Organized to Accomplish You Ministry p.41

• waton
    waton
    Watchtower tried to make a connection with the Bible at the start of the rotation, but it was weak, SV:

Yes, it was weak, the changing of the chairmanship in the first Governing Body between sessions did not imply an ongoing rotation in that body, but then there was no mention of an "appointment until death" to positions in the early, model congregations either.

I merely wanted to point out how odd it is, that an arrangement, that would have served to broaden the base, and ferret out latent talent, would not be mentioned in a shake-up article like that.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    I merely wanted to point out how odd it is, that an arrangement, that would have served to broaden the base, and ferret out latent talent, would not be mentioned in a shake-up article like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit