First Born Syndrom? -

by elderINewton 13 Replies latest jw friends

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

Is it just me or does it seem like a large portion of first born children leave the "truth" or find TTATT?

Its weird for me, but of all the other people out I know (only about 20 ish) they are all first borns, and usually the wife is as well.

Just looking at this from a different lens and curious if others see the same.

By first born, I'm implying the offspring for those not familiar with the term if there are any.

• freddo
    freddo

Just having had a little think about this about a couple of dozen that come to mind.

No. I think it is evenly split.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    It was true in my family. But also the 2nd born, 3rd born, 4th born(me) and 5th born left also :)
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    I am a firstborn, I was the first in my family, then the second born left, then no others.. My 1st & 2nd left, all I had was two, and a firstborn wife left.. In my husband's fam, the firstborn was numero uno, then number 3, then number 2. Yay! We made it!!!!!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In our families, #2 was the first to awaken. That person's offspring left in order #1, #4, #3, and #2 is in for the social connection.

Not sure I see that #1 usually leads.

Doc

• Cangie
    Cangie
    I am the first born of 4. Numbers 2 and 4 are out physically (but not necessarily mentally) and they left before I did but not because of being exposed to TTATT. They both got involved with drugs. Number 3 has been in-and-out so many times I have lost count, however I am not sure of her "status" at the moment. My son, firstborn and formerly a MS, has left and my daughter still attends meetings but has never been baptized. I am crossing my fingers, toes and eyeballs that she "gets it" one day.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Immediately I am thinking of a dozen exjws who had siblings older that left first. I don't know if it is a phenomenon or just a byproduct of statistics. 66% of JW youth leave the religion.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    My older brother first born didn't even get baptized and was gone at 18. My much younger sister the same. But on my wife's side her parent's her ants uncle's all cousins and nephews still in. Cant think of one that has left on her side. Weird.
  • Athanasius
    Athanasius

I'm the first born, and I was the first of my immediate family to leave the Watchtower. My sister and her husband left the JWs six years later. My brother-in-law was the first born of his family and the first to leave, but his younger sister is still in. My cousin, who was also the first born, left the JWs, but his younger siblings are still in.

My ex-wife's older sister, also the first born, left the JWs, but to my knowledge my ex-wife is still in.

However, I also know of several families where the younger sibling left first and the first born is still in. Yet in my experience it seems that it's more common for the first born to be the first to leave.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    My wife and I were both the firstborn in our respective families, and we both left and disassociated together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit