Green Burial

by Xanthippe 15 Replies latest jw friends

• kaik
    kaik

We talked about it, but we do not have definitive plans. My mom wants to be buried with my dad. I am not sure if I would like to be buried in USA or in the Czech Republic. In Czechia, you do not own burial plot, you only rent it for 20 years. However, the lot can be deeded to relative, which is the case of my family plot where we have five-six generations there. It is in the Carpathian mountains surrounded by woods on three sides. My spouse does not want to be cremated (Jewish faith prevents it), and I do not want to be buried in their plot in New Jersey. At the end it does not matter. What matter is to have a written will, decision if you want to be hooked up to ventilator or not, the quality of life at the end-stage and hospice care, and financial obligation after someone had passed.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thank you for sharing. My condolences for your loss.

i think she was very wise in what she did. Food for thought.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

What a strong woman to go through all that and leave a beautiful legacy for her loved ones to remember. It was very moving to read the experience. Thank you

In the context of exiting the cult, it makes me realize how much of humanity the jws miss learning from with their blinkered, isolationist and rule bound policies.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I'm sorry for your loss. Your post was very touching and provided some great introspection.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thank you for your condolences and thank you for not being afraid to talk about the

D -word. The hardest thing for bereaved people is when others just change the subject.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

This is very sad news, Xanthippe. I have limited internet access so I'm not keeping up with things.

Please accept my condolences.

One thing she said in her eulogy which the celebrant read out was, really value life. She said she was enjoying every wild flower while she was dying. Really loving every minute with family and friends - absolutely. Your cousin certainly had her priorities right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit