A new podcast episode, and a new book by an ex-JW

by dubstepped 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    A new podcast interview, and a new book, on episode 15 of the "shunned" podcast.

Jason grew up in Amish Country but was raised in the cult of Jehovah’s Witnesses. This story has cars hidden in the woods for a getaway, living on boats, time spent in rehab, a JW group of “lost boys” that were dealing drugs, just your average story of leaving a cult. You can see that Jason is an explorer, a person driven to learn and try new things, and how stifling it would be growing up in a cult where that is discouraged. He made mistakes after leaving the cult and wants to help others to avoid doing the same. In fact, he’s written a book about his experiences that goes into greater depth than we can do here. You can find his book entitled “Worldly – How NOT To Escape A Cult” on Amazon.

As always, the episode can be heard on your podcast player of choice (iTunes, Google Play, Podbean, Podcast Republic, etc.). You can also stream it from my website at shunnedpodcast.com and find it on youtube on my channel called shunnedpodcast.
  • jaydee
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Sounds great - I too have come across many a ' lost boy' (and girl)as you brilliantly described them, mostly pomi or semi pomi and all shunned. Tragic.

Look forward to listening.

• caves
    caves

I resonated with this gentleman( Jason) on a very interesting topic. Several in fact. One particular topic I'll likely put here on the site. Great podcast!

Also a complement to dubstepped as the interviewer for doing what you do. Its not just anyone that can stay on point and allow freedom of expression and validation all while diving into these deep traumatic issues.

Really good stuff. Much appreciated!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@jaydee - Thanks!

@diogenesister - I can see how being POMI might leave one looking for all types of escapism. It's so sad.

@caves - Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad that you found something that resonated with you. I look forward to helping you to tell your story too.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks Mike!

Really appreciate your work!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit