The new Worship book - chapter 1

by ozziepost 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

At the last District Convention, the book "Worship the Only True God" was released intended to be used along with the "Knowledge" book on home Bible studies. Both books are to be studied before baptism.

So, what are the 'new recruits' learning?

This is the first of a series of posts selecting "highlights" from each chapter. Today we start with chapter 1.

It must be the last days because we’re here, and so the time is short!!!

This circular reasoning is in the opening pages of the new publication “Worship the Only True God”.

“What does the gathering of so many to united worship in our time truly mean? It is clear evidence that we are very near to the end of this wicked world, with God’s new world to begin right after that.” (page 6, paragraph 4)

Interestingly the publication uses the same words, “clear evidence”, as used by Joe Ratherflawed in his writings on the end occurring in 1925!

Cheers, Ozzie

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Christ must have been enthroned in 1914 cause there was war.

The dead saints must have been resurrected in 1918 cause Rutherford was released from jail.

Babylon must have fallen in the spring of 1919 because the witnesses commenced the preaching work in 1919.

• uriah
    uriah

The UN is not going to destroy babylon the great because it is not mentioned in the latest WT (1st june i think) and we don't know nor never knew that they would because Jehovahs People (tm) don't speculate on who this 'earthly organisation' will be, so we never mentioned it as we don't speculate, being as we are Jehovahs people, who don't speculate.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

no wonder i always felt sick in the borg...........all that circular reasoning was making me dizzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the light isn't getting brighter, it just goes on and off, on and off. wish they'ld make up their minds. i personally like refiner's fire's understanding and interpretation.

cheers,

bliss...............................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that shiraz!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    This is the first of a series of posts selecting "highlights" from each chapter.

Do you have to?

Dansk - whose book studies are still too fresh in the memory!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Whoops, got them the wrong way round. Lol.

The dead saints must have been resurrected in 1918 cause the Witnesses commenced the preaching work in 1919.

Babylon must have fallen in the spring of 1919 cause Rutherford was released from jail.

How could Rutherford be released from jail if the org was still enslaved to Babylon? He couldnt. The fact he was released was a sure indicator that Babylon had fallen, not completely, but it had commenced to fall. Its influence had fallen somewhat. Its water commenced to begin to "dry up".

Sheesh, I should work for the WT writing department....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit