Is it true? Heard a rumor WT postphones Disfellowshipping until further notice!!??

by Olivia Wilde 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde
    I am not sure if it's true but I heard from a good source that WT has given instructions to elders to postponed disfellowshipping members from wrong doing/gross sin until further instructions given by headquarters. I heard some JWs were just reproved either privately or publically. Has anyone else heard anything like this recently?
  • cognac
    cognac

Nope, it's a wonderful dream but I highly doubt that would ever happen?

What about all the people who have been shunned for years? Suddenly you can talk to them again?

• KateWild
    KateWild

No I have heard nothing. Is your source from Bethel or an elder? Seems a bit far fetched to me

Kate xx

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    The only time I've heard of something like this is when someone says that being DFed would make them kill themselves they won't act and "leave it in Jehovah's hands." There's no way they'd do this, especially not for gross sin. They always brag about how they "remove the sinner from their midst."
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I am an elder.

I don't see any letters on it when I log in. It still could be true but I haven't heard anything.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    No way, but that would at least be a step in the right direction though.
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Every dime I have ever made or will make is on NO WAY! If they did that, then they may as well shut the religion down.

While it would be nice to see them move in that direction, there's simply no way they would ever consider it. It's a high control religion and without DF'ing, there is no control.

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde

KateWild: A elder (who knows TTATT and is slowly fading) who has a high up ranking relative at Bethel. This elder I've known since the late 90s when I was 17 and I just started going to mtgs, he is 3rd generation born in and all his family was in. Very respected elder because the family he came from, he is now about 60s.. He started having doubts with the overlapping generations, if you were in his group at book study he you couldn't go into it without studying or doing research, always into prophecies, facts and logical person. He made sure you came prepared to your book study, he would give us questions to do research for next book study. Ran into him a few months back at the grocery store and I already knew TTATT so I knew how reasonable and logical of a man he is I asked him what he thought about the overlapping generation teachings. That is when I discover he wasn't buying it. So I ran into him again recently.

That congregation at one point had like 17 elders in it and 8 Ms. for only 110 publishers. We were the only English congregation in a predominate Spanish speaking territory.

Not sure but it seems they are taking a lighter approach towards sins committed by JWs, elders not quick to DF anymore.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

The Governing Body shouldn't disappoint me now. I am used to the Watchtower being a cult and it would be too disturbing to me if they became a sect.

• the comet
    the comet
    Someone got df'd in my hall last week so...yeah they didn't get that memo here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit