Are any of the 1st Cnetury Apostles Still Alive Today ?

by maccauk 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Funchback
    Funchback

Here's a way to make perfect hardboiled eggs:

1. Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes.

2. Transfer eggs to a colander; place under cool running water to stop the cooking. Eggs can be peeled and served immediately.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I love a good Cnetury.....

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

maccauk you wrote

The second coming was in the 1st century all things have been fulfilled because Jesus told them some would still be alive when he returned

Jesus told those standing there that some would be alive when He came (erchomai not parousia), but he was referring to his coming in judgement on Israel, Jerusalem and the temple as His vineyard parables demonstrate.

Mar 12:9 What shall therefore the lord of the vineyard do?
    He will come (ἔρχομαι erchomai) and destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others.

If the second coming (parousia) happened in century one, how do you understand the following passages:

Hebrews 9:26,28 - Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Matthew 25:31-46 - When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Titus 2:13 - Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

1 Thessalonians 5:2 - For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 - For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Matthew 16:27 - For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Matthew 24:36 - But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

John 5:28,29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment.
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The apostle John was said by many to have been translated by the Lord, as Enoch and Elijah were:

Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee? Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

John 20:20-24

People who are translated don't skip the dying process; it just happens that they are changed from flesh and bone to a translated state, then are resurrected in the twinkling of an eye.

If true, then yes, John remained. We know that Jesus died in 33 A.D., yet John's Apocalypse was written circa 100 A.D. There was a legend that the Romans tried to kill him by dropping him into a vat of boiling oil, but that he emerged from it unharmed. He was then exiled to the island of Patmos, where he lived many years before vanishing shortly after the Apocalypse was written.

It's rumored that he's now living in Brooklyn under an assumed name and is a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. He's in charge of establishing new dates for Armageddon and subsequent articles for why the dates didn't pan out.

• David_Jay
    David_Jay
    Are any of the 1st Cnetury Apostles Still Alive Today ?
    The second coming was in the 1st century all things have been fulfilled because jesus told them some would still be alive when he returned

No. None of "the 1st Cnetury Apostles" are alive due to your refusal to use spell-check.

They also perished due to your writing in run-on sentences and your inability to type periods.

However, if you are attempting to spread the good news of Jesus Christ by using nothing but your ass cheeks on a keyboard, then I will let it slip by...as long as you remember to wipe the keyboard down with a good sanitizer after each use.

• maccauk
    maccauk

Iam an ex JW. Glad you are doing well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit