The Sea

by compound complex 19 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

THE SEA ONCE HELD this youngster's heart within its mighty bosom.

I loved and cherished the sea, stretching outward beyond infinity. I took to the e'er dreary landscape, the dank surroundings soothing me, enveloping me in crawling mists that were more welcomed to me than the evaporating rays of a cavorting summer sun.

I, however, am no longer that pensive lad who found comfort in the dark and cold and deep blue sea. Today, a man in the physical sense, I no longer possess that childlike fascination with my former abode. I reside in The City. Luxuries absent during youth abound, satisfying beyond mere need. The sterile vista I gaze upon is that of steel and stone and glass; its combination in regal, imposing edifices commands my admiring view yet scarcely my heart.

Yesterday's child has vanished from all remembrance . . .

• millie210
    millie210

Nice.

You put words together and turn them in to jewels CoCo.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, millie!

So very nice to see you here -- at the sea!

Best . . .

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

"Yesterday's child has vanished from all remembrance . ."

No never, never I say. Begone vile thought, begone. Your youthful experience, your wide eyed wonder at adventures imagined, your fascination with the small and the great were an important part of who you are now. They designed the boy into the man.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Esse quam videri:

So right you are, but, on paper, I am a drama king. I whip a little bit of lather into a frothy meringue and -- it is hoped -- have readers laughing and crying and screaming and . . .

I really like how you made your point, Eqv. You are quite a serious-minded hoot!

Blessings and peace.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

That must have been 'quite a boy' to grow into such an amazing man.

Blessings on you brother!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Little man of the sea . . .

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Especially for your CompoundComplex [ Arguably the most incredible interpretation of the Sea !]

I came back to the sea [Cape Town] after 30 years chasing my tail in the big city [Johannesburg] and after recovering from deep dark depression and fading from the jw completely - I find daily solace and empowerment between Mountain and Sea !

https://youtu.be/FOCucJw7iT8?t=104

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
  • Tallon
    Tallon

Very good CoCo - you sure have a way with words!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit