Revealing the wt "translators" now that gb are all over the place?

by carla 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• carla
    carla

Back when me & my jw were still discussing anything jw related we had numerous discussions about just who the translators of the wt's Bible were. (I knew, thanks to this site and others like it) The answer was usually something to the effect that they (the wt) didn't want to give 'honor' to mere men by revealing who they were and what their education was. Now that the gb are all over the place, youtube, etc... why not reveal the 'translators' and their educational background? What would their excuse be now?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

carla - "...Now that the gb are all over the place, youtube, etc... why not reveal the 'translators' and their educational background?"

Probably because the "translators" have no educational background. :smirk:

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Because they are dead and can't give permission now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Because Google Translate doesn't need the recognition. :smirk:

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Lol at Vidiot !

There was a monthly broadcast a while back that showed the progress of the Translation Offices. One lad was interviewed and he spoke of his privilege in being used in this work.

It was clear that he had no academic background , just a working knowledge of the local language. That is why the stuff is so dumbed down now . As Jackson told the Aussie Commission, his main requirement on the Writing Committee was that be "easy to translate"

• lookout
    lookout

as someone once said to Gangas in a crowded elevator ... "Who cares?!"

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

Nathan Knorr, Fred Franz, George Gangas, Milton Henschel, and Albert Schroeder were the main guys who did the NWT. Lots of the old higher ups know this as well, I remember a few years back when Joe Jackson (some old brother at Wallkill, I think that was his name) took me and some other bethelites visiting Wallkill to the cemetery (Launching Pad) and said out loud that Schroeder was on the committee.

• Fisherman
  • petitebrunette
    petitebrunette

Wikipedia states who the translators were too. And their education, or rather their lack of education.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    why not reveal the 'translators' and their educational background?

Because it's a shitty translation and the translators are frauds without much education or knowledge of ancient languages. And the rulers of this corporation don't want you to get an higher education so I'm sure those that translated the NW bible were very uneducated and heavily biased so that naming them would only expose them to public scrutiny and shame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit