January 2020 WT, earthly hope

by neat blue dog 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Its all gobledygook - you can make the bible say whatever you want it to say.

Thus 10K christian sects.

To bad god was not better at making a clear statement, maybe he could get they guys who do the Apple commercials to market for him?

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Hmm, really - you cant make the bible say whatever you want it to?

And the creator of the universe couldn't write a book that wasn't a rorschach test for everyone who read it?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Can anyone show me a verse in the Hebrew scriptures that speaks of a heavenly hope for the righteous?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    iwantoutnow

Thus 10K christian sects ,......How about 40,000+ Christian sects ? around the world ?

Where in the New Testament do any scriptures state that resurrected ones or anyone else for that matter are going to live in/on a paradise earth ?

The New testament says no such thing ? The Old Testament says no such thing ?

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

smiddy3 - yet 8 million people believe it, as did I once, and as did you I imaging.

Again, to bad god was not a better writer.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    John the Baptist was “filled with holy spirit.”

Tony Morris the turd is filled with alcoholic spirit. Pissed as a lord, staggering all over the toilet floor.

The vast majority of God’s servants on earth today do not have the hope of living in heaven.

That's because they are not serving a god, because god is imaginary and there is no heaven. It's all a sad delusion the GovBod (piss be onto them), are selling to get money for themselves and to protect the paedophiles they truly love.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

What Punk said!

• Half banana
    Half banana

Where is there any evidence that certain people go to heaven when they die or come back to life on a paradise earth?

There is evidence for the origin of the beliefs connected with life after death. The Christian doctrines come from the religion originating in Persia and popular in the first three centuries of our present calendar namely Mithraism. Roman Christianity (for very good reason!) inherited wholesale not only the ritual of the last supper but also the Mithraic heaven, hell and angels plus the apocalyptic eschatology of end time events. OK people don't believe hell any more but heaven still sounds like a good destination for many.

There is no possible evidence for heaven, just talking about it for sixteen centuries doesn't make it factual. Likewise not being able to accept the finality of death does not make heaven or paradise true. The idea of a resurrection sounds fantastic (if not fantastical) but even if it were possible, what is the point? 110 billion dead humans coming back to the planet would destroy paradise.

(Don't just mark me down, tell me where I am going wrong)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

If you look hard enough there are passages in the Hebrew scriptures speaking of a resurrection of both the just and the unjust. But none, as far as I can see, point to rising to heavenly life. So I find it hard for anyone who accepts the OT but rejects the new to support a heavenly reward for the righteous.

Perhaps there are some Jewish scholars on-board that might care to enlighten me from the scriptures about their afterlife hopes? (not meant to be a challenge btw...only a request.)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Does god, SAY WHAT HE MEANS in the Bible ? or does God, MEAN WHAT HE SAYS in the Bible .?

Gen.2: 16,17 ......17b "for in the DAY you eat from it you will positively die "

And we all know Adam & Eve did not die on the day they ate from that tree,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit