Zoom replaced with KHCONF+ app for meetings?

by joey jojo 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I'll give you an example. Where I work, they require the devs to submit time cards, even if the employee is salaried, through an Oracle time managament system. They want to capitalize certain dev time. Ok. Sure, whatever.

Well, they require me to submit my time for the week within two weeks - so I can't be too late. But I'm always late ... because I'm generally doing more important things and I forget.

So I log onto the app and attempt to submit the time, and a big error message pops up saying that I can't submit because it's past the two week deadline.

Bring up the network traffic, and capture the http traffic for a valid submit (I submit a valid week and see what it sends back to the server). I replay the http action with different params for the late week, and all of a sudden I've submitted a late card.

How can I do this? Because the late validation is done on the front end, not the backend.

This is an **Oracle** app.

Accounting freaks out. They call me wondering how I do this. I just claim it must be an app error because I submitted on time...bla bla..

They still haven't figured it out yet.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Now, I haven't tested the parameters that identify me in the post. What of they (Oracle) don't check the user guid (passed in then payload) with some session value. Can I submit a card for someone else? Can I query a list of someone else's cards?

I dunno... and I just don't have the time or drive to test it.

There's a while host of considerations when you are dealing with streams and full socket connections. If they lean on the app for auth and don't protect the server.... welll....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what happens when people make the smart decision and not go at all?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We used to use KHConf in the days before Covid . As I recall it was just audio but it could be video too. It was nowhere as good as Zoom. I have not heard of any change back to it . That would be deeply unpopular.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit