Need Greater

Pioneer

Disfellowship

Anglo-American World Power

Faithful and Discreet Slave

Service time

Home-but-hiding (HBH)

Return visit (RV)

Field Service (can't we just call it "preaching"?)

Kingdom Hall (can't we just call it a Church or Meeting Hall?)

Voluntary offerings

The Last Days

Publisher

Memorial Arrangement / Celebration (why not call it a "holiday" (root: 'holy day')?)

Public / Private Reproof

Worldly

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

'How so?'

This is probably a normal phrase in America but sounded weird here int he UK. Evidently(tm).

• tiki
    tiki

One especially vile female loved to tout her "Bible-trained conscience". This is what motivated her to do Saturday evening drive-bys to see who was at whose house socializing. And subsequently endeavor to get her gutless elder husband to get his cronies together to launch investigations as to happenings and especially beverage consumption on those occasions.

And the "Bible-trained conscience" is closely related to the "cause for stumbling". The stronger the impelling of that conscience the greater the liklihood of "stumbling" evidently.

• tiki
    tiki

Is he/she/are they "falling out of the truth"??? Fallout. Odd....(smart thing to do)

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

I think no one can deny that at least this shitty religion has taught us all something.... vocabulary.

• atomant
    atomant

The truth.

• blondie
    blondie

I always wondered what the WTS phrase "present truth" meant? The WTS seems to imply that somehow "truth" changes, there must be a different past truth and a different future truth.

WT Song 91

And keep in step with present truth,

https://jwfacts.com/watchtower/directed-by-holy-spirit.php

In 1922, Watchtower released an article titled "Divinely-Given Chronological Parallelisms." Is the reader to believe the interpretation in the Watchtower was divinely-given, or just the Bible verses it was based on? Watchtower can say they never claimed their interpretation was divinely-given, yet that is very much the conclusion a reader would likely draw, after reading the article.

"It has been shown in a preceding article that the parallel dates of present-truth chronology are proof of divine foreknowledge, and that they demonstrate that the system is of divine origin. ... So present-truth chronology is not an invention, but a discovery." Watch Tower 1922 Nov 15 p.355
  • blondie
    blondie

I wonder if people like Michael Jackson and Prince used their "unrighteous riches" to get preferential treatment from the WTS/GB?

• LV101
    LV101

Michael Jackson (or his agents/collectors) used his "unrighteous riches" to get preferential treatment w/exquisite shops containing world artifacts, art objects, etc., on the LV strip to the extent security was involved and could not allow any pieces/items taken for approval -- per negative experience/history.

The 'entitled' have no conscience in family, business, etc. He resided in my community before his last residence in area and not sure of his privileges other than appearing ghost/masked when out walking. Haven't heard much about Prince other than when shopping (arrangements and rules set out) no one was allowed to 'look' at him or get close -- which is understandable.

I'm sure the good ole boys' Crooklyn club schmoozed the entertainers - deep pockets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit