Is wife beginning to turn around?

by StarTrekAngel 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Scully
    Scully

When I was having issues with the hypocrisy that I was aware of within our Congregation™, my mom recommended that I basically suck it up, and remember that my relationship with Jehovah™ was the important thing, not how other JWs were behaving.

I said: "You know, it's interesting how if I was someone that you met In Service™ talking about the hypocrisy in their church, you wouldn't hesitate to point out that this was proof positive that their religion was false. How is it that when JWs behave badly and hypocritically, that the same measuring stick doesn't apply to them?"

She couldn't answer me.

We became Inactive™ more than 20 years ago, and while my parents don't go out of their way to call or visit so they feel they are compliant with JW rules, they've never turned me away or refused to speak with me.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I always believe there has to be some external event that takes you to the path of knowing TTATT. Your friends relationship ending, might be your wife's external factor.

• smiddy
    smiddy

STA

Your wife may very well feel their is some good in what the JW`s believe and teach , but isn`t that true with any religion ? Catholic , Protestant ,Jewish ? even non Christian religions ?

I remember back in the seventies think , a Q&A maybe in a KM ,about how Japanese people seemed to have better qualities of interacting with people than many JW`s.

Just because you can find some good in a religion does not equate to them having the truth

You can find good people in all religions as well as bad people and that is true also of JW`s also.

smiddy

• KateWild
    KateWild

Great news. She is realising that your relationship is more important than the GB.

keep us informed

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit