Introducing...ME

by Heartsafire 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Syme
    Syme
    Welcome Heartsafire, and good luck with your struggle. One thing for sure is that you won't "suffocate" in here ;)
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Loved your intro. As you've no doubt read there are heaps of members on this forum in an identicle situation to you, many of whom have successfully solved their issues. I'm sure the advice is going to be honest and extremely helpful as it always is. Welcome!
  • FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Welcome heartsafire. Always love a first post!

Me and my husband are both out now for over a year. I had doubts my whole life like you and still got baptised. I wore away at my husband over the years with my constant complaints and questions without really realising what I was doing! I told him not long after my first child was born that I didn't want to go to meetings anymore....He was ok with it said it was up to me....then I was stupidly convinced to go back by his mother. When I was pregnant with our second, he found out about the NGO UN thing from a random post on facebook and it spiraled from there. Now both of us are free! I'm glad I waited though as I expect he would still be in today if I had left properly before him. He would be on the defensive all the time.

Sorry to be long winded but I just wanted to let you know there is hope for your husband and your marriage.

I hope things go well with you. Take it slow and who knows what will happen.

FF xx

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Heartsafire! I am married to a witness wife and successfully faded. We were able to maintain our marriage. My wife didn't turn me into the elders when I was fading. I try to plant seeds but she sees through that so pretty much after my initial OMG DID YOU SEE THIS HONEY! moments when researching and learning we have an unspoken truce. Our marriage isn't perfect but it works for us, most of the time. My kids are free - so far.

Keep reading, posting and developing relationships on here because there will be days when you need a more personal friend to rant to. Good luck.

• Absalom
    Absalom
    We just learned on last month's broadcast how long a generation is, :) this religion hasn't been around long enough for 5 generations! haha Welcome
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Welcome heartsafire

Another very familiar sounding story. Me and a lot of others here can sympathize with exactly the struggle you now face. Having that full in spouse never allows you the full peace of the fade. But you know it's there so don't give up. Your friend fmf

• possum
    possum

Welcome heartsafire

Hang in there. My husband woke up along time before me. Keep reading (Steve Hassans book was great!) vent as needed on the forum ! Knowledge is power and remember some self care. The best revenge you can have is to live a happy and successful life.

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15

Welcome HeartsAfire!

My husband woke up before I did. I resented him initially but got over it relatively quickly. I have been fully awake for only about 6 months. However I was baptized at age 10 and have had intermittent doubts/cognitive dissonance since age 12.

All of our parents, grandparents, most of our siblings, and our favorite cousins are all-in dub-bots. I understand your wanting to wake your husband up. It is a struggle for me everyday to not get on the phone and give a passionate unwitness to my family members whom I love; I feel such a burning desire to get them out of this prison. But then I remember how they most likely would really respond (shunning me and/or having me formally expulsed) and I have to say nothing.

You are in good company here.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Hey! I'm about to PM you, so be on the watch for a message.
  • millie210
    millie210
    Heartsafire
    I hope I didn't offend anybody in my original post by saying your posts make me laugh. I mean no disrespect at all. What I meant to say is that I'm stoked to read everyone's unique perspectives, and I really identify with gripes about the Borg. It's been such a relief to find people that I can relate to and who can relate to me in my weird situation. *wipes away happy tear*

No one will be offended by that!

One thing we all agree on is what a tremendous relief it is to just be ourselves, finally.

I love this place. I think it saved me from years of struggling and being sad on my own.

I am so glad youre here for that very reason.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit