Introducing...ME

by Heartsafire 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome! you have quite a fan club....hope there's room for me too!

Best advice I can give you if asked why you don't want to go out in service, or attend all of the meetings just mention the Pedophile issue..... it is well documented now in the non apostate media world.

They have a problem and the WTBTS seems to be in denial. Simply quote what Jesus said about children in Matthew 19:14

Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

There are some other good scriptures about children. Other then this issue I would stay away from asking about any other issues unless he is willing to discuss them.

The 1st step is a successful fade....... become happier and more fun to be around. If questioned by hubby just admit you've been badly stumbled and saddened by this unresolved issue...... crimes against children.
      Eventually an open conversation may occur.
      Know this once he understands your disinterest in the WTBTS he will begin listening at the meetings in part through your ears to see what was objectionable and he may discover those things for himself.

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Holy Moly! Thank you! What a welcome! I had no idea so many of you are going through my exact scenario. I want to respond to each of you individually but this could take some time. I really appreciate all the advice and well wishes! See you around:-)

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Welcome, Heartsafire! I hope you can find the much needed support here.

Eden

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Welcome Heartsafire!

I also get the same response from spouse when I brought up negative things.

Reason is they start to experience cognitive dissonance which can practically drive a person mad.

You are in a safe, compassionate, caring, and sincere community now.

Hey, isn't that supposed to be our Spiritual Paradise? But it's more like Nazi Germany.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Hi!!!

Oh my, we are in similar situations. My hubby is as hardcore as JWs come; he also flips to crazy if I suggest anything remotely opposed to the Org.

My entire family is 3rd gen heavy into the Org. I am trapped, trapped trapped!

What saves me is that I have developed this detached persona since learning TTATT, so their guilt trips and much of their deranged reasoning have no effect on me.

The double life is very rough on the mind, though.

SL

• Gayle
    Gayle

I left 30 yrs ago,,never missed it for a second,,had 5 children then,,they are all free of it, grown, graduated college (so grateful I left the weirdness),,have good jobs and I have 8 happy grandchildren.

So many best wishes for you!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Heartsafire...

I've lost count of how many XJWs showed up here because they figured out that the WTS hasn't been honest.

x

Like I keep saying, if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hi Heartsafire,

As you recognize, you're not alone in your circumstance, findings and feelings. You'll find lots of kindred here.

Check your PM account.

Best regards,

Marvin Shilmer

• Lostwun
    Lostwun
    Hearts WELCOME! May you find comfort from many supportive and loving ones on this board as I have. My heart goes out to you in your situation becausd I too am dealing with an active jw spouse who will not wake up. Anytime you need a listening ear or even a safe place to vent feel free to pm me. Once again welcome to the club :)
  • Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

To: Zoos, JWdaughter, Konceptual 99, Bonsai, Syme, SecretSlave, freemindfade,magnum, millie210, Iownmylife, never a jw, crazy guy, kiddingme, kairos, tenacious, Marvin Shilmer, and Lostwun:

Thanks! I am so glad to be here!

To Diogenesister:

Isn't it ironic the JWs call it The Truth when they are being lied to? I can't really put my finger on it, but I have noticed the congs in general seem to be less tight knit. We can only hope some are actually waking up.

Tornintwo:

Thanks for the recommended reads. I have read COC and it was a real eye opener. No CO visit for me yet, thank goodness. I don't know if I could hold back once I get going. If I DA or get DF'd I will lose so many. Isn't that sick? What a cult.

The Searcher:

Thank you for reminding me to take care of myself first. I often forget to make myself a priority.

Iggy:

Yes my family has a lot of stories about the early days. It's a lot of duped people if you ask me. But I guess I break the mold, and sounds like you do too.

tornapart:

I completely agree with your view on free will. That was a beautiful point. Sounds like you are one extremely intelligent, patient woman.

punkofnice:

I am so sorry to hear about your marriage dissolving. I read about it earlier on a seperate thread. We as humans should be allowed to grow and change without fear of our family abandoning us if we do. If my husband ever leaves me due to my changing beliefs then I will know that he didn't really love me for ME and the marriage wouldn't have lasted irregardless of my change. P.o.n. I hope you are healing and have found your niche in this world. I know this forum wouldn't be the same without you.

possum:

Thanks! I love your strategy for fading!

Dissonant 15:

Thanks for sharing your story. I am always biting my tongue around my family especially when it comes to news I've read on here. I usually tell my husband when there are big announcements to be made but he is tight with the eldubs and often gets new info early anyway. Grrrr.

Stephane Laliberte:

Thank you! That is so true how WT manipulates is into seeing the org as incapable of corruption on a systemic level. Sick sick sick. Congrats on you and your wife's fade. I must admit I'm a bit jealous.

no-zombie:

Thanks for the advice! I hope your prediction about the WT is correct. Sorry to hear your wife is still in. You are a cult survivor. Maybe she will be too.

LisaRose:

Thank you for your recommendation on the book, I will definately check it out. I most certainly do know that the direct approach sucketh. When I was first waking up, I was rather scared, and would approach my husband with these questions that probably freaked him out. Of course he didn't know the answers, but only pointed me to the WT library to do my own research, which actually helped me wake up faster!

feelingfree:

Thank you and I hope to have success as you have. I'm not holding my breathe, but hey, a girl can dream.

The Listener,

Your post totally made me chuckle when you described how your wife immediately sees through your attempts to plant seeds of doubt. Sounds like you two have found a way to make the marriage work no matter what, though.

Absalom:

Touche my friend. That is so true--My great great grandparents are simply the same gen as me.

Faye:

That is so awesome to hear about your success outside of the org and in waking your husband. I've noticed that my husband is a lot happier and more relaxed when he is not worried about serve-us or meetings. I honestly don't think he is happy as a JW, but he can't admit that yet.

Eden One:

Thank you and congrats on helping to wake up Mrs. Eden:-)

Sofia Lose:

My heart goes out to you. I wish you all the best in your situation.

Gayle:

That is awesome! Good for you! I love success stories like yours--it gives me hope!

Vidiot:

I totally agree with you! There's no way I could defend WT Stand regarding child abuse issues or false doctrines. Anything I might attempt to say would be an excuse based upon half truths. I don't love the org, and I refuse to lie for them. Jerks.

Giordano:

Thank you for your advice! Speaking from experience, it takes a will of adamantium (X-men fans: did I spell that correctly?) steel to stay positive and upbeat when he is in cult mode. However, I'm up for the challenge. WT, look out.

I hope I didn't miss anybody. See you around:-)

Heartsafire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit