22 year old women and 28 year old men...know everything!?!?

by Maverick 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

It has come to my attention, in the last few years, that whenever I'm at a gathering two groups stand out. 22 year old ladies and 28 year old guys. If a young lady starts to discuss her current life and she has a tone of certainty, conviction, and passion I will ask her if she is 22ish. And she usually is. If a man is telling his outlook on life and he too has passion, conviction and an air of arrogance, when I inquire of his age...28ish is the usual answer. Has anyone else seen this? As a man in his late forties, (who looks like he's in his low 30's) I am certain of a lot LESS than I was at 28.

As further proof of my point, at my ten year High School reunion everyone was trying to impress each other and out drink and brag, everyone else. At my twenty year reunion, nobody gave a shit about any of the stuff we were trying to prove ten years earlier. We had way more fun. My 'thirty' comes up this year. Be interesting to see how that one goes. Maverick

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

They think they do....lol

They are immature and it shows. When you have to prove you *know everything*, you don't.

Husband and I had dinner recently with friends we don't see too often anymore (now I remember why) and he and I sit quietly asking questions, rather than offering information. This couple is a few years younger than us (they are both about 37) and are trying to act 21. *Dude*, *Like....* (as used by a valley girl) and other similar college age terms came out of their mouths---alot.

They are under the impression that they are experts on everything. That is why I remembered why we don't go out with them often. Having the ability to converse is something many people need to work on.

• minimus
    minimus

Young pioneers, ministerial servants and elders are no different. Young adults are quite idealistic. Ask hippies and yippies. Liberal, idealistic dreamers think that everything can be fixed or made right by means of simple solutions. In the congregation, those that are immature in life are usually the biggest spiritual snobs .

• shera
    shera

Its funny,when you are a teen,you think you know it all and you are an adult.Even in your early 20's you don't really know "it".I must say,things didn't start to click in for me until I hit around 25.Even then,I wasn't as wise as I am now.I'm 33 and I'm sure I still have more growing to do.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Its the 'I' word that irritates me. Long self-absorbed tirades punctuated by a plethora of 'I's'. The demand to be accepted as an individual with frightfully important points to make about everything and anything, when they seem to be cloned from the latest fashion mannequin. In ‘yer face with nothing to say but a bluster of 'I's". I am pleased to say that I was never like that…

I love generalizations - make for a much easier life.....lol

HS

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    I am pleased to say that I was never like that…

Me neither....

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I knew everything at that age too :(

Now I know nuth'n! .. just like chicago teenyukers .. nyuk nyuk nyuk ...

unclebruce who can't remember how to reminise

• Ed
    Ed

Cool... I'm just about to turn 28. Knowing everything will be a lot of fun. Thanks for the tip.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

*** dares not to comment anymore ***

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

That seems to be the age of the people I have to eject from the bar/tavern where I work.

Hmm....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit