A "killer" question for Jehovah's Witnesses

by Terry 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Rafe
    Rafe

The Gospel the JWS profess is not strongly supported in the bible, as a matter of fact its tainted with apostasy really.

True Christians hold to all of Jesus's words not just some and disregard the rest.

Nevertheless they still hold their heads up over all other Christian faiths calling others unrighteous when they claim they are the true righteous ones, a contravening oxymoron of theology when you think about it.

I guess every religion has its own self supporting propaganda.

• Terry
    Terry

If I'm honest about my feelings back when I first encountered Jehovah's Witnesses (through my elementary school friend, Johnny) - I'd confess I was one of those
    "un-churched" kids with a family that did NOT attend any religious services but
    who had j-u-s-t enough Bible exposure to feel "spiritual" (whatever the hell that means.)
    I understood the concept of JESUS but as far as JEHOVAH was concerned - I knew nothing.
    In my years of indoctrination attending the Kingdom Hall, Jesus was crowded out of my heart. Instead of a starring role, he became a supporting actor.
    Actual "love" of Jesus was not a part of my emotional toolkit.

As Hollywood scriptwriters will tell you, a mcguffin:
    is necessary to the plot and the motivation of the characters, but insignificant, unimportant, or irrelevant in itself.
    Jehovah is the superhero.
    JW's, IMHO, are not Christians. They are Anti-Christ - but the rank and file simply don't even slightly suspect the bait-and-switch.
    JW's aren't Bible readers either. They are cherry-pickers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit