Happy Thanksgiving!

by Oubliette 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I know that we are an international group here and that Thanksgiving is an American holiday (and not even all of us in the US celebrate it), but I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to sharing the many things we have to be thankful for:

I am thankful for:

• Friends and family that love me for WHO I am and not WHAT I pretend to believe,
    • Having a great job doing something I love: teaching young people how to learn and think for themselves
    • A beautiful wife that loves me
    • Living in a time a place where I have a great deal of freedom to pursue the things I want

-

Are there things I want that I do not have? You betcha, but that is a topic for another day. Today I am focusing on the good things in my life.

What are you thankful for?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Happy Thanksgiving😊

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

I am thankful for TRIP TOE FAN night night.

Happy Thanksgiving

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Happy Thanksgiving! Having turkey on Thanksgiving day with my parents but we're not celebrating it. Lol. Dumbasses.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door

I am thankful that I am no longer under cult mind control and undue influence. I am thankful for discovery of true friends and family who love unconditionally. I am thankful for a community of like minded people who freely give support. I am thankful for the internet and people like Simon and Anghard who use it to help us. I am thankful for the ability to use critical thinking and thankful for the opportunities it has brought to myself and family. I am thankful for a long standing ExJW community that has grown from just a few to several thousands. I am thankful for whatever means it is that is leading people to exit JWdom. Happy Thanksgiving Obliette!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I am thankful to be making new traditions with my granddaughter, who has been away from the criminal WT cult for 2 years now. She's 16. Her mom allowed her to stay with us the whole week! So far on the list: Watch the Macy's parade first thing, then brunch, then hit the early movie, then come home and trim the tree, and hang decorations on the front porch.

After that we ate the pre-cooked turkey & fixin's dinner from the grocery store deli, $44. Included 10.5 lb turkey, fruit salad, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy. I added peas and a green salad. Pumpkin pie and whipped cream for dessert. The fridge is packed full of leftovers, oh man.

The sun was shining, clear blue sky, just a wonderful day and not even Papa backing into the garage door could ruin anything. The guy is coming tomorrow between 9 and noon. LOL!

Love to you all on my favorite forum in the whole world, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Marina

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Thanks all for taking the time to write and share some of the things for which you are thankful!

Oubliette

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Happy Thanksgiving Oubliette!

I'm thankful that, in spite of great distances, we were able to have family time for Thanksgiving. We drove down to Annapolis, MD from Connecticut to be with our son. He and I cooked a fantastic dinner together. Then we called my daughter in Guatemala City and had a video chat with my husband, son, daughter, grandson and I. We got to see my grandson crawl for the first time. Best Thanksgiving ever! Can't wait for Christmas in Guatemala! I can't believe I lived my first 52 years in life without holidays.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I'm thankful we have good food. I'm thankful me and my immediate family are out of the cult and free. I'm thankful for Christmas. I'm thankful for real people. I'm thankful all my kids are happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit