Regional Conventions

by life is to short 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• life is to short
    life is to short

Wondering if anyone knows when they will announce the regional conventions. Every year they always announced it the first service meeting of January. I tied in last night by phone as my husband insists on going I DO NOT and never will again but I like to book a room now and I REFUSE to use their list. I got burned so badly by doing that. My husband got really sick about three weeks from the convention and was in the hospital. I called to cancel the room and they tried to charge me for all three nights anyway, as the said I used a booking sight to reserve the room. I said NO I used the Watchtower list and they said that is like using Kayak or Priceline and that the hotel DOES NOT REFUND ANY reserved rooms when you book with a place like them and they would charge my card all three nights PERIOD!

I was so blown and way and stressed here we had these huge doctor's bills and now this. Anyway after begging them they finally agreed to charge us for only one night not three. Now I gave them three weeks notice so you know that they could easily fill that room, that was just free money for the hotel. Anyway lesson learned NEVER USE THE WATCHTOWER LIST.

So back to my question, I just checked out the official WT sight and I only find 2015 Regional conventions, God forbid I call them District conventions or the dreaded hateful word Assembly's which clearly shows you are apostate, because I kid you not that happened to me when I was still a very devote JW. I was in field service and I said the word assembly and I was called an apostate in the car group.

Got of love the love of the "friends" and sorry for my ranting just hate the stupid hoops you seem to have to jump through.

LITS

• sir82
    sir82
    Each congregation has already had its own assignment letter read out. At some point in the next month or 2, there will be a comprehensive list posted on jw.borg.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Weird. I've never had a problem cancelling rooms.

Why are you even going to the convention?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They are probably not posting 2016 until they are sure that everyone has heard their congregation announcement. I couldn't imagine why your husband's congregation didn't announce their time unless they were still unsure about arrangements for that area- that does happen sometimes.

Your people in that neck of the JW world seem so over-the-top on so much. Who gives a rat's ass if it's an assembly, convention, regional, district, or a Snoozefest?

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks sir82 and barrold bonds I am not going my husband is but it still affects me because of the money and yes I never had a problem either until that time. Since then I have learned that at least where I live it is the norm for hotels to not refund from the JW list even if you give them months notice. One couple gave a hotel three months notice and they still charged them all three nights. This couple is supper zealous and just donated the rooms to the rooming department.

One way you could get out of it would be to give a credit card that you don't use much and if you can't make it just cancel the card so when they go to charge the rooms the card would be dead.

Thanks OTWO also

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    ....or book a room that can be cancelled up to a day or two before, at virtually the same rate without the Watchtower list. AS YOU MENTIONED.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

https://www.jw.org/apps/E_SEARCHCONV now has the US dates.

I am making a spreadsheet of the 2016 Regional Convention Dates.

• life is to short
    life is to short

wifbanit

Thanks

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Here is a Map I am working on.

You'd think that they would be able to throw something like this together and embed it in their site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit