Happy Birthday to me!

by awake!watcher 18 Replies latest jw friends

• awake!watcher
    awake!watcher
    I am an inactive awake "witness" who recently had a birthday. Most of my family is in. My hubby is awake, with no family in. I have an excellent relationship with his parents, and they have respected the no birthday rule through our whole marriage. Over the last few years as I have woken up, hubby and I have told his parents that I see how ridiculous the whole no birthday thing is. They asked hubby over and over if sending me a birthday card would offend me. (They live many states away from us.) Hubby assured them it would not offend me. I received a lovely birthday card from them in the mail. They both wrote lovely things about how they felt about me. It was my first birthday card, and I am well over 40! Their questions about offending me got me to thinking: what about birth and welcoming a new life and another year is offensive? Why would a lovely birthday card be offensive to over 8 million people? Kinda puts it in perspective for me. So I was wondering, what is it about birthdays that upsets the GB so much? Or do they really think birthdays are bad?
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

On birthdays you would typically invite family over. Family is worldly and will convince you to worship the devil. Family is a bad influence. Family = Satan.

Edit:

Witnesses aren't allowed to have fun. Think of the only thing they celebrate, Jesus Death!! The most boring night of the year.

They want control over your life so no birthdays cause that might be fun.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    It was my burfday last week. I really didn't know what to do. Not used to such things. So I stopped in and watched TV.
  • awake!watcher
    awake!watcher
    True Darkknight757! What gets me is the fanatical obsession with baby showers. Those are ok, apparently. Had a family member mention at a recent baby shower that it would sure be nice if they had showers for the child later on to get things that the kid would need. I mentioned that they do. They're called birthday parties. Got stunned silence and angry stares. Oops!
  • awake!watcher
    awake!watcher
    Aww, Punk. You should celebrate. Karaoke or something!
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Omg LOL awake that's hilarious!!! JW kids would probably be a whole lot happier if they could have their cake once a year and a few gifts. Birthdays make a kid feel special. My mom couldn't afford gifts while I was growing up but she always made me a strawberry shortcake and made my favorite meal. That was good enough.

These poor Jw kids mope around feeling like their birth is meaningless. 😕

• awake!watcher
    awake!watcher
    Dark knight757, I think the special part is what we are supposed to avoid. It sort of takes away from the BORG part . As a parent I think one of the most important days is the birth of a baby. That should be celebrated. And why are wedding anniversaries ok? 😒
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Happy Birthday.....glad you had a nice card.....thanks for sharing with us.

Kate xx

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Honestly awake, I think as time goes on the Borg will sadly grip down on even those other festivities. They are so controlling over people's lives that they can't help themselves. Sheeple are now trained to not even bother asking "why?" something is so.

• awake!watcher
    awake!watcher
    Apparently graduation parties are ok, too. As long as it's high school. Never been to a dub college grad party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit