A luncheon with ultra PIMI, elderly relatives

by joe134cd 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I had a luncheon yesterday with and aunt and cousin. The only reason I went, and endured it, was because my father who can’t drive wanted to see them. As I sat there eating the lunch at the restaurant, I couldn’t help think how totally oblivious they are to what’s going on, in an ever expanding organisation of the happiest people on earth. I would say at least 70% of the conversation was on JW.borg, and having little sidelines at me about returning to Jehovah.

In a way, I was frustrated and sad for them. Sad at their wasted lives been blind sided by an organisation. Frustrated that they were open to taking shots at me. Yet I couldn’t openly express the honest and genuine reasons for my exit, and why I’ll never return to the religion. But I realise that all 3 of them are old, and it’s best that they are left left there.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I agree with you. There is no virtue in convincing a person on their deathbed that their dreams of ressurection and paradise are irrational fantasies.

I'm in my mid-70s. I have two PIMI (fleshly) brothers who are also in their 70s. I see no point in convincing them that for the past HALF CENTURY they have been fools.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

waking-up people who are in their 70's or 80's now woulld be too traumatic.

after dedicating in some case 50 or 60 years to the Borgs pipedream. Sometimes its best to leave elderly with their delusional fantasies at that. It's too traumatic now to whisk that lollipop from them at this stage in their lives. Than to realize they have been fools for at least HALF A CENTURY.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

"Apostates" in here showing all this compassion for older JWs, yet those same JWs wouldn't do the same.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    Neat Blue Dog stated, "Apostates" in here showing all this compassion for older JWs, yet those same JWs wouldn't do the same."

It is understandable. JWs have to push their fantasies in order to qualify for their PERSONAL salvation. We "apostates" are not compelled to torment others to be happy in the eternal NOW.

• Ding
    Ding

Sometimes when I drive past a Kingdom Hall and see the parking lot full I want to walk inside, start reciting all the false prophecies and doctrinal flip flops, and yell, "Wake up, people!"

Then I wonder how many JWs there already know about all that and still believe their salvation depends on accepting as truth whatever the GB tells them.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

At that age realizing that it is all a lie could be deadly. Let them be happy in their delusions if they want to.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

"Apostates" in here showing all this compassion for older JWs, yet those same JWs wouldn't do the same". Up too the beginning of the 90s, seemed like every watchtower magazine was about bashing other religions. Especially Catholic. Watchtower never been especially interested in people's feeling. They always thought they hade the moral high ground to bash others. It's probably a mindset infused into their members also. I wonder why they suddenly stopped with all their bashing. In ways watchtower started bashing their own members instead. How everyone hade to be holy and clean to be a JW.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Ding - Sometimes when I drive past a Kingdom Hall and see the parking lot full I want to walk inside, start reciting all the false prophecies and doctrinal flip flops, and yell, ‘Wake up, people!’…"

No point.

Odds are good said Kingdom Hall’ll be sold off with three quarters of the membership scattered to the four winds within the next half decade, anyway.

😏

• hoser
    hoser

The apathy will have a debilitating effect on the pimi demographic in the congregation. Keep up the good work slackers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit