New Article on Reveal by Trey Bundy: JW's shield child sex abusers from police, report says

by AndersonsInfo 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Anakin
    Anakin
    Great article, Barbara..I wish I could post it on JW talk, but I am sure that the moderators wil kick me out.. But thank you for posting this article..
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"In the U.S., the Witnesses are fighting more than a dozen lawsuits brought by alleged victims who say they were abused as children by members of their congregations."

And because of the virtually foolproof precedent set in the Campos case, those opponents and their legal reps now know how to beat them.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Thanks for the article.

Will read later when I have time ...

• steve2
    steve2
    A well composed article, with one seeming error: Current hudicial committee practice does not involve the victim having to confront the alleged abuser. If I remember correctly, they removed that requirement some time back. Apart from that error, I hope this article gets widely circulated.
  • flipper
    flipper
    Thanks for posting this article Barbara. If we looked around the world right now, not just the U.S. I would venture to say that there are hundreds of child abuse lawsuits being brought against the WT Society as we speak around the globe . WT leaders arrogance in trying to hide pedophiles and not cooperate with the courts and police in revealing necessary information is coming back to bite them in the rear end financially. Good. They deserve it. Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • DarioKehl
    DarioKehl
    The Reveal podcast is great too. They've already featured the JW pedo issue a few times before, but I'm certain they'll do a terrific in depth summary of the RAC in the next few weeks.
  • sparky1
    sparky1

"Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. Therefore, whoever opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will bring judgment against themselves. For those rulers are an object of fear, not to the good deed, but to the bad. Do you want to be free of fear of the authority? Keep doing good and you will have praise from it; for it is God's minister to you for your good. But if you are doing what is bad, be in fear, for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword. It is God's minister, an avenger to express wrath against one practicing what is bad." - Romans 13:1-4 RNWT

Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses: PERHAPS YOUR GOD JEHOVAH IS TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The Governing Body and their Helpers are soon going to be forced to admit the truthfulness of this expression in their case involving the mishandling of child molestations...

"There's too much smoke for there not to be a fire!"

• cha ching
    cha ching

The ARC was not fooled by the testimony it received from all ranges of representatives from the WT. It was refreshing to witness this, as I watched the testimony, and to read this acknowledgement included in Trey Bundy's story:

"Stewart challenged Jackson’s assertion that he felt sympathy for them.

Jackson’s failure to review the testimony of the victims before giving his own “belies his stated sympathy for the survivors and his stated recognition of the importance of their perspectives,” Stewart wrote."

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Great article. I really like the way Trey Bundy writes on this and related subjects.

Thanks for posting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit