The inner workings at Bethel in the 70's

by Sour Grapes 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    sounds like he done very well for himself, some years ago we had an American family move to our cong by the name of Worth Thornton who served in Bethel for many years ( Ray mentions him) and his contacts in the transport office enabled him to set up in business when he left, he done very well indeed, his business ? an aircraft broker, very wealthy indeed, he died a few years after I faded.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    SourGrapes: Just a thought from the blog. If the Governing Body voted to make a collective decision, why would God inspire them to have differences in opinion?

Geez, man...didnja learn the WT lessons? When "god" does something unexplained or downright plain wrong...he isn't "god" anymore...he is Satan.

Satan is da bad one...he is the one who f**ks things up, not "God".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    This is interesting
  • Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I liked in John's blog how he was dictating letters that were sent to the Kingdom Halls to answer weighty questions that the body of elders struggled with and needed guidance from the Borg. Now the answer comes from a young Bethelite maybe half or one third the age of the men who needed guidance from God's organization. Back in the late 60's I viewed these letters from the Borg as almost being written by God. I am a little disappointed that John Bechtel may have written them instead of an older man with gray hair anointed with holy spirit. Based upon John's writing skills, his answers would have better anyhow.

Sour Grapes

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Let's see, half-truths written by an older fool or half-truths written by a young fool are both exactly the same, half-truths that are deceitful to both young and old.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    I would love to read this, but it seems his site has changed. Do you know where I may find where he wrote about his Bethel experience?
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    marked, shame that the host seems to have been long long gone
  • stillin
    stillin

Is any of the stuff that Randy Watters had still accessible? There was a wealth of Bethel people's stories there. A search for Freeminds doesn't seem to do it any more.

Miss ya, Dogpatch!

• Sour Grapes
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Sour Grapes, *thank you* 😄🤗

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit